This for sale thread deserves a shout out - ITB TURBO

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
Dave posted a shout out to an exhaust thread. I will argue this is 10x more gangster.

All business here folks. Very nice Tuan. Please tell us more

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/172698-FS-ITB-Plenum-A-W-intercooler

314124_513656685327731_1093907512_n.jpg

574653_514952915198108_319045348_n.jpg

Attachments

• 574653_514952915198108_319045348_n.jpg
    574653_514952915198108_319045348_n.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 801
how much popcorn could that make? Imagine blasting down the highway trailing a rooster tail of yummy popcorn....

OMG!!! YESSSSS!!!

I had this heated discussion with someone before, it is possible to ITB and boost with a collection box they insisted it wasn't. Damn you could even boost straight in to a charger. I would imagine the Charger would have to be massive to make this worth while or it may choke.

Nice little touch the viewing bay haha brilliant.

I know I be not very smrt, but.... huh? Boosting a plenum box feeding ITB's? Other than being different what would be the reasoning for doing that?

I know I be not very smrt, but.... huh? Boosting a plenum box feeding ITB's? Other than being different what would be the reasoning for doing that?

Yea, It is gorgeous no question. What power gains were achieved?

I had this idea too, the throttle response and sound of ITBs with the efficiency of a turbo compressing an intake charge. Might be hard to tune but maybe not. Totally badass all the way around though perhaps unnecessary with boost.

Look like what Honda did on their jet ski, itb and turbo to help with throttle response on low end I guess

Mainly for throttle response and creating a more controlled intake air flow.

There was a guy back in the day, Tony the Tiger, who did this in a B18C1 Integra. He had a plenum built around an ITB setup with a GT28RS and the throttle response was instantaneous with instant power everywhere. Almost like driving a 300whp NA engine with gobs of torque to spare.

I saw his for-sale post right when he posted it up and was very impressed by the design and craftsmanship of the entire piece.

Last edited:
Mainly for throttle response and creating a more controlled intake air flow.

There was a guy back in the day, Tony the Tiger, who did this in a B18C1 Integra. He had a plenum built around an ITB setup with a GT28RS and the throttle response was instantaneous with instant power everywhere. Almost like driving a 300whp NA engine with gobs of torque to spare.

I saw his for-sale post right when he posted it up and was very impressed by the design and craftsmanship of the entire piece.

I remember this car very well. I can't believe how much time has flown since.

yikes that looks like something NASA installed on the mars rover that looks beasty:eek:

This isn't a new concept. M3 guys has been doing for years. It's probably a new concept for an nsx. The problem isn't building the plenum or the itbs it's the tuning where it gets difficult.

the only thing that kills me about the design is that the runners do not have any kind of taper, cant be good for airflow.

In a proper design, the intake plenum itself should taper from the inlet side to the far end to equalize air pressure for all cylinders. This would make manufacturing significantly more difficult though.

I think that you are referring to the actual air inlet runners inside the intake manifold. There is no taper or anything there because it is designed to be used with an existing ITB setup, which would include an intake trumpet on each throttle body of each intake runner.

Sorry, did see this thread Regan. The plenum box is not all the way done yet. It still needs the trumpets inside of it. I just started losing reasons to finishing this build or even keeping the car. Ever since I moved here to LA with no garage its been hard to even work on the car. I had alot of plans for my car but with limited time or place to work on the car I have given up. I know this piece will be extremely hard to sell but if it doesn't I will just keep it and finish it later once I have my own garage.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW: I knew about Tony the Tiger's car too. I just always wonder how 12:1 compression 3.2L ITB turbo setup will do on low boost. I know I will need to run atleast 100octane if not e85 as a minimum fuel source.

i had this in the back of my mind, why couldnt FI used better breathers.

I hope you get you a glorious garage and some time to work on this

Back