Thinking of going '02.

Hey all,

After enjoying NSXPO lasty weekend, I've decided to look into an '02 conversion. I'll admit I've always been on the fence on this look since it looks too bugeyed for my tastes, but I do like it from certain angles and think it will clean up and modernise the front end nicely.

Here's my car last weekend:
7122_140910959677_504354677_2592936_7639722_n.jpg

I've got the VIS hood, pins (always a necessity IMHO), GT-One N1 lip, NSXR undertray and alumn piece by DF, Blodi signal covers.

I'm thinking of going gunmetal gray, a la Nissan GTR:
4905_128233981223_690446223_3326262_5540892_n.jpg

or...

Imola Orange
2393064.jpg

or...

Bruce McLaren Orange!!:biggrin:

347795380.jpg

I have (and plan to keep) black tecnomagnesios 17/18 (track) and Gold Volk Racing CE28N 18/19.

I'd like to collect opinions and advice from the members. If this project goes through I'll update this thread and have Lud move it to builds. If anyone can photoshop the McLaren Orange or Nissan Gray for me I'd appreciate it.:cool:

Thanks

I think orange mclaren is nicer. I'm going Lambo orange this December with flat black rear valance and sideskirts. Black top and side mirrors ala Lambo 670 SV.

oh man! i was thinking the same color for my nsx... that gunmetal on the skyline is just AMAZING in person

I like the McLaren orange for sure that would be sick... with black rims and a pin stripe on them.. :) And black 2002+ headlights... mmmmmm

If you want a GTR get one and leave your NSX a stock color. :wink:

If I had wanted a GTR for sure I'd get one. I'm only interested in the colour. ;)

When I had my '92, I wanted the '02 look. Now that I have an '04, I really appreciate the beauty of the pop-ups. I think the early cars are more classic-early '90's cool. The pop-ups are nicely proportioned w/ small projectors that were ahead of their time...
that said, I like 'em both!

Honestly your car is beautiful right now. I would not do the 02 conversion if I were you.

I was looking through some of the pictures you've posted. I just love this picture: the stance is amazing, well done my friend!
4905_128233996223_690446223_3326265_7685279_n.jpg

Last edited:
Your current car looks nice and apparently you spared no expense making it that way. If money is no real object and I wanted the later look; I'd sell and buy the newer car. Once you change the color to non stock which is really expensive to do right, you won't have the factory finish - that's usually a negative to resale. If you like orange, sell and buy orange. I would never change the paint to a non stock color or even change the color to another stock color. That would cost; I would think 15 grand to really do right. If you sell your current car - 15k will go a long way towards a later model.

Thanks for the nice comments about my car above. However, I am not worried about resale with my car as its had a spotty past (which was what I was looking for since I had bought it to mod the piss out of it and take it to the track).

However, this pic:
3957722708_792f647244_b.jpg

and this one:
3957719068_f9c1f314e7_b.jpg

...makes a pretty compelling case for the old popups. Like I said, the worst part of the new lights arethe bugeyes..how they pop up over the bodylines. The needlenose of the popups are so sweet looking from the side profile view.

OK, verdict is in.

I will not be going '02.

Once I pick up a GTR as my DD I plan to strip the nsx down and make it a track car, so no point in spending money on cosmetic items.

Plus my wife digs the sharper nose of the popups. :cool:

Thanks for the nice comments about my car above. However, I am not worried about resale with my car as its had a spotty past (which was what I was looking for since I had bought it to mod the piss out of it and take it to the track).

However, this pic:
3957722708_792f647244_b.jpg

and this one:
3957719068_f9c1f314e7_b.jpg

...makes a pretty compelling case for the old popups. Like I said, the worst part of the new lights arethe bugeyes..how they pop up over the bodylines. The needlenose of the popups are so sweet looking from the side profile view.
That 2nd pic has been my background since it was posted earlier. Spectacular pic.

Back