Thinking of buying a 91. Power steering or not?

I have test driven a 91 without power steering. It feels fine at speed but really tight in the parking lot. Do you guys prefer power steering or, no power? Thanks for your comments.

Having both a '91 and '03, I prefer the direct feedback from the non-power steering cars. Even with an 18/19 in setup on the '91, I don't find the non-power steering a problem even in the slowest of turns or parking.

YMMV

Ben

As far as everyday driving, I prefer the power steering in my 96. However, I still love the feel of the non-power steering in my 93. I think it will just take a little more getting use to the non-power steering since I am so use to driving the 96.

BTW, if you are looking for year 1991-1993, they only have power steering in AUTOMATICS only. there is no 5speed 91-93 nsx with power steering

non power steering is much butter in my opinion. I have driven tons of different nsx's and like the feel of my 92 over the latter model years. I feel it has more of a hands on feels in performance driving situations. Only time its a headache is the occasional parellel parking situation...

My '92 felt tight in the parking lot for the first week but I have not thought about it 1.5 years later. I have 17"/ 18".

Love the non power steering, Just part of the attraction of the NSX, I dont even think about it anymore. 17" / 18"
92 nsx ;)

I have only driven a 94 (Non Power steering, which I subsequently bought). My experiences with this.

The (mis)Alignment causes a tremendous difference in the overall steering effort required. Initially it was like lifting weights. Warming up the driver much more than the car. After baselining the alignment, it felt so much more easier.

If the car you test drove did not have an alignment done in the recent past, you might want to checkout a freshly aligned one.

joove said:
I have only driven a 94 (Non Power steering, which I subsequently bought). My experiences with this.

The (mis)Alignment causes a tremendous difference in the overall steering effort required. Initially it was like lifting weights. Warming up the driver much more than the car. After baselining the alignment, it felt so much more easier.

If the car you test drove did not have an alignment done in the recent past, you might want to checkout a freshly aligned one.

The car /steering did not pull or push so does that mean that the alignment may be O.K.? Thanks.

Back