Things for the NSX while abroad

Hey All,

As my new NSX will be exported to a country in which there are no Acura dealerships what items should I stock up on? Note: There are Honda dealerships though...

The car will be more of a weekend toy so let me know what specific items I should bring along with me.

Thanks,
Cameron

I'm guessing you're going to a place where Acura is not a Honda? Like Japan, HK, etc.

We need more info about your car like miles, last service, condition, etc.

Yes correct. The car is being moved to Dubai. I read somewhere about taking some genuine Acura air filters with me...

The car has 64,000 miles and just had a inspection where the only thing required to be replaced was tie-rod's and A/C system recharge. Engine oil and filter I can do here...

Jetpilot

Call up SOS and get one of their washable foam unifilters, 2/3 oil filters won't hurt either. The unifilter for sure though.

Build a good relationship with a parts guy or a dealership parts dept. That way, parts can be a phone call/email and FedEx away. Was the NSX ever sold in Dubai officially? If so, many of the parts for the Dubai-spec model will be the same.

You didn't mention what year your car is, but you may want to consider a timing belt and water pump. Those services are time dependent even if you don't reach the recommended mileage for service.

I recently lost a coolant hose and found out that there are about 22 :eek: coolant hoses on the car. Speaking from experience, I would consider a prophylactic change of hoses to preclude any unwanted breakage.

The car that Jetpilot speaks of is my beloved '91. :smile:

It won't need timing belt, water pump, or any of the coolant hoses. All of that's been done in the last year. :wink: The climate control board is at BrianK's right now getting fixed as well, and it's had the Dali window fix-it thingies done and the Bose amps have been repaired, too.

Cameron, you may think about brake pads (not needed any time soon) and getting several oil filters w/crush washers for oil changes. The oil filter is NSX-specific and you may have a hard time finding them in Dubai. If you're going to be tracking the car a lot or driving her hard, she may also need a new clutch a few years down the road. Again, not needed any time soon, though.

If you'd like to buy the stuff now to save on shipping, I'd also look at the wheels you were talking about buying, an aftermarket exhaust, and any replacement leather/carpet you were thinking about getting. Otherwise, I think that you're good!

A bunch of Downforce goodies if you don't have any yet. After a while you will want to some CF parts, so stock up or else you will have to pay for shipping later.

The car that Jetpilot speaks of is my beloved '91. :smile:

It won't need timing belt, water pump, or any of the coolant hoses. All of that's been done in the last year. :wink: The climate control board is at BrianK's right now getting fixed as well, and it's had the Dali window fix-it thingies done and the Bose amps have been repaired, too.

Cameron, you may think about brake pads (not needed any time soon) and getting several oil filters w/crush washers for oil changes. The oil filter is NSX-specific and you may have a hard time finding them in Dubai. If you're going to be tracking the car a lot or driving her hard, she may also need a new clutch a few years down the road. Again, not needed any time soon, though.

If you'd like to buy the stuff now to save on shipping, I'd also look at the wheels you were talking about buying, an aftermarket exhaust, and any replacement leather/carpet you were thinking about getting. Otherwise, I think that you're good!

Seemz like a nice and fair sale.. Any person who loves the NSX (as the salesperson (shows truth here =lucky) makes another hardcore fan *smile* ... ;) Many blessings to both of ya

Last edited:
Hehe...thanks ViperDriver although I could have asked you directly LOL. I'm just seeking everyone's opinion as to what I should think about getting for the car prior to it leaving your garage.

Thanks Miamimermaid for the comments and there will be a really cool magazine article written about me finding ViperDriver's car, trusting him with the transaction, flying to the US to get it, then exporting the car back to Dubai. It will be featured in CAR Magazine later this year and I will be scanning a copy of the article into NSX Prime. ViperDriver is making this whole experience very cool and memorable!

Cheers,
Jetpilot

Back