They(BMW) ruined the 5 Series!!!

I just checked out the new 5 the other day at the dealership(Irvine BMW) and was NOT impressed...I'll take the E39(97-03) over the E60(04+) anyday....It looks like an overwieght Camry:(

Even the guy who sold me our '99 528i said "it looks like any Honda or Toyota now" and he also said he had a mass run on the E39's and only had two on the used lot, compared to about 12 last month....I guess I'm not the only one who thinks the new 5 is .....well, not as nice as the old 5:D

The new 5 looks like crap to me. The old one is great though. I would take an e55 over any BMW sedan though.

uh... that's what they called Bangled / f. up BMW's.
FYI, I saw a spy picture of the upcoming 3, and seems like they decide to kill the next 3 series too with the ugly family look too... what a sad news.

To me, the Camry looks 10 times handsomer than this 5.
This 5 series, the rear borrows greatly from the very handsome Pugeot406 (which is probably a 7-8 yrs old design.) Despite the lack of the originality, it's probably the best view than the rest of the car.

Bangle just needs to be shot...like right now.

I was thinking of hiring Mr. Wolf to do it when I asked how much he charges per head, but he made some crack about asking his wife. :confused:

Can't wait til he gets his hands on the 3 series. :mad:

The new 5 isn't THAT ugly, conservatively speaking, its design just doesn't do the trick for me for now. It's still too early to tell, new cars takes time to grow on people.

People have different tastes, I find the 7 very nice (gorgeous with the AC body kit) while others still think it's ugly. I'd have to say, the E60 M5 is going to enchance the overall image on the 5 series when it comes out, just wait and see.

I agree with NSXDreamer2, the quarter angle view of the back does look like a Peugeot. However, I find it very similar to the WRX if you look at the back dead on.

Attachments

• 0453_zss_05.jpg
    0453_zss_05.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 171
Slightly off topic but speaking being a copy (and possibly ugly), I think we got a winner here.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me present to you...

The BMW Tiburon

Attachments

• new6.jpg
    new6.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 165
Though I agree its not as beautiful as the outgoing model, I like the new design. I especially like the fact that the new model weighs LESS than before. Not many new cars can make that claim.

I thought seeing it in person would change my opinion of it after seeing it on paper, but it was actually worse looking in person....

It has lost all of its lines that made the E39 so beautiful...It has no definition at all...The only thing I did like about it was the headlights and thats not a whole lot....maybe in a better color than I saw(blue) with some better rims might help it, but it needs alot of help...Chris Bangle, YOU SUCK!!!!

I think it was time for a change. There are SO many 5 series out there now these days. I was thinking of getting one next year but I see em all over the place.

They are still nice cars and the new 5 will stick out to the normal person, when only we can see the difference in a 530, M5 and so on.

Mr.Joel, I'm disappointed you didn't comprehend my little 'head' innuendo on that thread. I was quite proud of my comment. :D

In reference to your questions about cost, I only do assassination jobs for the thrill. :D
For large scale jobs, I must refer you over to Mr.Forums Nazi. :rolleyes:

My question to you gentlemen though is why are you looking at BMW's? It's like looking at another woman. :D Oh, seems I have resolved my own question. :D

Joel said:
Bangle just needs to be shot...like right now.

I was thinking of hiring Mr. Wolf to do it when I asked how much he charges per head, but he made some crack about asking his wife. :confused:

Can't wait til he gets his hands on the 3 series. :mad:

Back