There's a good deal on a Supercharger Kit in the Marketplace.

Must resist temptation...

I must say, if I didnt have a ctsc that'd be suuuuppppeeerr tempting. But, if I swap my SC I think I'd go turbo. AWESOME PRICE THOUGH, it'll sell in less then a week.

With Blodi's, Headers and Exhaust aren't needed. Sure, it won't make as much power, but they aren't needed.

The buyer will only need a $400 AEM FIC, Injectors and a $200 Walbro Fuel Pump.

Yeah. Fic with that kit though? That supercharger is nice because really it seems like one of those kits that has upgrades already and can put down good whp with just a full tune and decent secondaries.

There's nothing wrong with a FIC.

I ran a FIC with my old BBSC, and still run a FIC with my GT37R @ 10psi.

Last edited:
Cool. Is there any benefit to keeping fic. I just don't see to many turbo cars running fic. And a decent amount of supercharged cars now run ems if they want more power.

Pro's
Price
Ease of install
Retains obd2

Cons
Unable to fine tune high hp apps like stand alones
Price
Ease of Install

^^ I generally agree.

For low boost...I'll throw out an arbitrary number of 7-8lbs max, the FIC should work well (under the care of a good tuner).

The higher boost you go the further away your are from the originally designed parameters of the OEM ECU. This is when the amount of tweaks you need to make to AFR, etc get so large and get so in-depth that you might as well go with a stand-alone. It can sometimes also matter what kind of boost. Superchargers generally build linear consistent boost in relation to rpm. Turbos can sometimes spike or build up exponentially. I've heard some tuners say SCs can be a little more consistent to tune.

Keep in mind... there is nothing better than a stock ECU to run your stock motor. Honda has accounted for nearly every condition your stock motor is ever going to encounter on the planet earth. Piggybacks will take advantage of all the factory tuning but "compensate" for mild boost. When you go with an aftermarket ECU you're basically starting from scratch. Do you think a tuner can tune an EMS in 3hrs at the same level of scrutiny Honda did on their OEM ECU which probably took months with brainiac engineers? You be the judge... Most tuners i've seen generally tune for WOT but you generally spend most of your time driving your car somewhere in between idle and 30-80% throttle. That's where a lot of tuning time is ignored I feel. With a FIC/piggyback most of that engine management when not in boost is still controlled by the factory ECU === WIN!

Technology has surpassed the stock ecu and stock fueling system though. This is why the RDX injectors work and also why a bunch of other newer mods work. Newer ECUs may have better hardware and sometimes better software but w/o a tuner taking the time to tune it properly and extensively...then you get the picture.

Last edited:
i ran the FIC for YEARS with no issues. I eventually upgraded to aem ems when i went high boost. FIC was great tho.

Big benefit of fic is you don't have cold start issues that are common on ems.

Back