The verdict on headers

DDozier said:
If I had the 97+ headers I would spend the $1600 on an AEM, injectors and a new pulley.

Dave
ALL DAY LONG, AEM and injectors should be the 1600 dollar mantra on a 97+
say it five time an hour for one day and it will be yours:biggrin:

So whats the whole cost on the AEM upgrade with injectors? And what about labor/tuning time?

crap there goes my factory warranty... you people are all evil.

TURBO2GO said:
So whats the whole cost on the AEM upgrade with injectors? And what about labor/tuning time?

crap there goes my factory warranty... you people are all evil.

You will find all you seak my friend, come to the dark side and feel what real power is, (insert EVIL chuckle now). :cool:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66855

Dave

JeffShoots said:
Are the Comptech headers "equal length"?

I am not 100% sure but they look to be not equal length but are a shorter tube design than some others so it is harder to tell. This does have an impact on power but header design is more of a black majic than science, and some cars respond better to different designs.

Most would agree the Comptech headers are a good quality product, thier website offers dyno comparisons to stock for you to see if the headers offer the right "value" for you.

Dave

I will be installing my SOS headers on my 2000nsx in a couple weeks and getting a dyno afterwards. I dynoed pre and post exhaust already and will report the new numbers as soon i I get them.

Pelletz what were you exhaust dyno #'s? your car is a 2000? I did a search but couldn't come up with any posted dyno results. Mind giving me the thread? is this the magnaflow?

TURBO2GO said:
Pelletz what were you exhaust dyno #'s? your car is a 2000? I did a search but couldn't come up with any posted dyno results. Mind giving me the thread? is this the magnaflow?

Yes, i did pre and post dyno for my Magnaflow. Dyno was done on dynodynamics. I gained 6.4 rwhp, but more importantly the hp gain was a beautiful flat curve from 6000-8000rpms (No peak!) I will soon be posting a complete write-up with pictures and hopefull video with sound. Look for the 'Pelletier Project' in the next month.

Back