The trifecta!

So at the same time i had the following problems

Bad timing belt install
Bad coil pack + plugs
Bad ignition switch harness.

FINALLY she is running again! YAY!

I believe you should give us a heads up on where not to take your car or where to take it when it's screwed up.

You know it is amazing to me that Acura dealers don't know how to work on the NSX. For example - mine was worked on previosly by the third owner who took it to a dealer in Houston for all service and had the clutch replaced. When I got it the clutch felt really hard to activate. When Barney (barn man) took it down and got to the clutch - which I replaced and flywheel, master and slave, the dealer had used the wrong bearing shaft grease (something like that) - now what kind of a dumbass would do that when the proper Honda grease should be right on hand - I mean give me a break. Had the proper grease been used the clutch would have lasted a while longer it had 40% of it's life left.

So I share your pain! Make sure you get the right mechanic on your NSX - to all out there contemplating just taking it to the dealer! Be careful about selecting the right guy!

Yes, please share the info. Hard to find people that actually do a good job.

My car was previously serviced at Niello in Sacramento. Front plastic bellypan was held on by a single 10mm bolt. All 7 plastic fasteners were missing and the bellypan was hanging down at the rear. WTF??!! How lazy can someone be?

Seems to be common though because my buddy just picked up his Ford company car from service(1st service on a new car) and as I was driving behind him I noticed his bellypan hanging down. Back when I used to wrench on stuff if you pulled something like that you either got a stern lecture from the service manager or you didn't work there for very long.
My buddy said the VW dealer pulled the same thing when he had his Golf in for service.

Rant off. :)

Nice!

Now come down to Kansas City this weekend for the meet we're having before I sell my NSX!! Lol. :D

I'll be down Sept 6th weekend for IFO. Hope you still have yours man

About service - I'm sure there has to be a good NSX mechanic in Sacramento or somewhere near by. I would post a new thread asking for that info. I'm in Atlanta and I have no idea.

To the other guy in Kansas - don't sell ......say it isn't so!

Why are you selling other than the obvious - you've got plenty of fun cars. Guess that's why. You're gonna miss it. Good luck and happy trails.

I'll be down Sept 6th weekend for IFO. Hope you still have yours man

I was planning on going... Even though none of cars are really show worthy, I had planned on entering the car show just so I could park on the inside and not have to park out in the grass.

In regards to me still having mine... a guy is coming to look at it on Sunday, but I'm not sure how interested he is, so we'll see...

About service - I'm sure there has to be a good NSX mechanic in Sacramento or somewhere near by. I would post a new thread asking for that info. I'm in Atlanta and I have no idea.

Why are you selling other than the obvious - you've got plenty of fun cars. Guess that's why. You're gonna miss it. Good luck and happy trails.

I don't really want to sell it to be honest. :( Biggest reason I'm thinking about it is because I've been trying to sell my 300ZXTT for a long time now without any luck. Everyone wants to offer me $10k for it and I just really don't want to get rid of it for that... It's too perfect, heh. I went into the NSX knowing I'd sell my Z, but with having all the issues selling it, I'm starting to have a hard time justifying the amount of money I pay per month to have the NSX.

If it goes... I'll definately be back.

I'm in kansas with Enigma. The best shop here for service is Fusionworks Racing. Ray is awesome

In Sacramento we have Shad at Driving Ambitions. I will taking my car there for any serious work.

Back