The State of California vs my need for speed

Hello all...new member and wanna-be/future NSX owner here. My question is regarding stepping up the performance (above stock) and remaining legal in the state of CA: what would be better bank for my buck and be more reliable - a CTSC setup or nitrous?I've read on the forums that low or even moderate boost with a CTSC setup I would not only remain street legal here in Cali but I would be able to run a stock setup (tranny, clutch). That sounds great to me! I would prefer a turbo setup but I'd rather not have to go to a "I know a guy who knows a guy" sorta shop, if you know what I mean. Or go through the trouble to register my NSX in a zip code that doesn't require smog to register your car (I've looked into this for other cars but never went through with it). So what about a nitrous setup? I've read on the NSX Wiki (http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Nitrous) that with lower shots of NO2 I'm good with a stock setup (tranny, clutch) but what about title registration? Unless I'm mistaken, the setup wouldn't affect my CO2 output (therefore remain CARB-compliant) but would I just fail a visual inspection because of the setup? For my intended application, my goal would be just a little bit of extra performance for street applications as I don't see myself going all out and taking it out on the track. I know I've got time to do my research as it'll be a little while (unfortunately) until I'm able to finally get my own NSX. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back