The post that was a quarter century in the making!!!

As a prime member and 'lurker' for more years than I can remember, I have always enjoyed reading the new owner thread. I remember reading about the excitement primers felt when they found their X, and that first drive home. I always knew for me it was not a question of 'if' but when. I went back and forth between wanting the 'original' look and trying to find the right 97-01 NSX, to going 2002+ and wanting to find a GPW/black and LBBP/black, low-mileage, with little work to make it pristine, somewhere in the US! I had all of my mods picked out way before I even found an X to buy. I was ready to purchase my 'unicorn.'

So over the past 18 months with an incredibly supportive wife :) I have had my finger on the trigger on the purchase button, and went through several near purchases, non-responsive sellers, etc. The rest of the garage was ready - family car (panamera turbo), SUV (G55) and my exotic (430 spider, my second F-car), but still felt incomplete with my X. I had decided that my X would be my project car, fulfill my needs to fully customize a car from exterior, interior, engine and suspension.

I began to realize that I might need to compromise on my color combo and condition, I was after-all trying to buy a 'classic', and maybe with investing some additional funds I could create my unicorn. With the help of Ben aka the NSX whisperer aka the man! aka my brother from another mother! I found an '03 red/tan that Ben performed a PPI on, and we talked about his ability to convert it to a black interior. I knew that Ben's passion and attention to detail was second to none, and that trusting Ben to redo the interior would probably create something that is better and more modern than stock!

I'm happy to share with the prime community that as of last week, I am the proud owner of an NSX! The drive home from the seller's wasn't amazing in length (about 120 miles), but it was purely epic for this owner who vividly remembers seeing the NSX first in the glossy pages of AutoWeek, C&D and MT way back in 1989, who had a red nsx poster hanging on the wall in his bedroom on the 'prime spot' above his bed, the one who vividly remembers the day we lost the great Aryton Senna as a young teenager tried to convince his dad everyday to buy one. And my omen that particular night was a song that played over my iphone-to-cassette-tape adapter the lyric 'copped my NSX like Pharrell did...' :)

After owning and enjoying a number of cars in my life across the spectrum (my first was an '88 Legend LS, later a '99 Prelude SH that made me dream what an NSX would be like, then a number of M3's, M5's, AMG's), I'm incredibly happy to officially be a part of this great owners club, and a trusted relationship with Ben. All because of this amazing car! Cheers to my fellow prime members, look forward to nsx meets in the future!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 193
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 173
Congratulations and welcome to the club!! If you haven't already done so, you might want to familiarize yourself with the NSX Wiki which can be found off the red action bar at the top of most pages. Some info is old .. some is new .. but overall, the best starting point when looking for info on maintenance, mods, etc.
Enjoy the journey!

Congratulations, sounds like you will be personalizing it soon, keep us posted on the progress :smile:

As you may have found out already, driving the car from the poster on your wall exceeds the expectations. This cannot be said from many of the classic supercars of the time that were on similar bedroom posters...

Great intro and welcome.Kudos to you for appreciating the nsx despite a plethora of more modern newer sports cars .....seems you all ready own some of those.We have a great owners community across the nation and world.

Nice to see your intro post here, Fred and I had a great time talking with you at the Bethesda meet. Hope to see you and your wonderful wife out and about at more events!

Nice to see your intro post here, Fred and I had a great time talking with you at the Bethesda meet. Hope to see you and your wonderful wife out and about at more events!

Thank you for the welcome! However I have yet to go to an NSX meet so have not had the pleasure of meeting you and Fred! :)

Thank you for the welcome! However I have yet to go to an NSX meet so have not had the pleasure of meeting you and Fred! :)
My apologies, I ran in to a new owner of a 2003 red/tan that had just come back from service with Ben and I seem to have incorrectly assumed that was yours. With the limited number of red/tan 2003s I hope you will excuse my error!

My apologies, I ran in to a new owner of a 2003 red/tan that had just come back from service with Ben and I seem to have incorrectly assumed that was yours. With the limited number of red/tan 2003s I hope you will excuse my error!

Absolutely no need to apologize! And good to learn that there is another 2003 red/tan (although as of this week, mine is now red/black :)

I would like to set up a meet for DC area members at one of my local businesses, perhaps we can discuss more on PM?

Congrats!!! Welcome to the club!!!

Now go get those wheels refinished to their original glory(silver) it will make a night and day difference in the looks dept.

Not feeling that spare tire look...sorry:redface:

Congrats!!! Welcome to the club!!!

Now go get those wheels refinished to their original glory(silver) it will make a night and day difference in the looks dept.

Not feeling that spare tire look...sorry:redface:

Thank you! And completely agree with you... ADVAN RS' already ordered ;) and fortunately for me the stock wheels were just coated in plastidip, will that have that gone pronto!

Thank you! And completely agree with you... ADVAN RS' already ordered ;) and fortunately for me the stock wheels were just coated in plastidip, will that have that gone pronto!

Nice...please update the pics after you peel the plasti dip off....and of course after the new rims get installed also....

Congrats.. sort of in the same situation as you. Have wanted one ever since they came out. And in between, I bought a McLaren 12C and have a few DDs.

The car is beautiful.. look forward to seeing you on here!

congrats on the car, looks great! nice to have another in the area I grew up in!

Congrats on your Beautiful NSX and the great story a long with it!
A HUGE Welcome to the Greatest Offline & Online Auto Community
I have ever seen. I think part of the magic of the NSX Community
is the fact that the majority have had a long time passion for the
car and most go through a similar never ending search to find "The One"

Enjoy and looking forward to your continued updates in the future.

Terry

Last edited:
Super introduction.
Nice stable of cars you have.

Welcome, and I know you'll enjoy your NSX as much or more than anything else :smile:

Back