The non-stop rain

we are ok,we live above the flood plain,my brother in law is not that lucky,but everyone was ordered to leave Wilkes Barre!So it is time to start pumping out basements and de-molding:mad:

We have been lucky. We got quite a few heavy thunderstorms, but we actually need the rain badly, so even though these are not the preferred way to get the water table up, we will take what we can get. I really feel bad for the people further up the East coast who are getting hammered by the same system now.

OK here, but I can't stand the fact that I cannot take the top off my car and having semi-bald tires I am in the far right lane going 45 MPH like an idiot all the time.

docjohn said:
we are ok,we live above the flood plain,my brother in law is not that lucky,but everyone was ordered to leave Wilkes Barre!So it is time to start pumping out basements and de-molding:mad:

John - I'm glad to hear you're OK Karen and I were wondering how your were holding out. After we heard that 200K people were evacuated from your town we figured you were building an ark.

So tell me......is the flooding as bad as they are reporting?? I'm not that far from you and it's fine near me.

It's been so dry around here I had to drain 2" of water out of my pool twice this week.
Some parts of my yard are getting so parched that there areas where I can stand and barely sink into the earth at all.
It rained this morning but the drought returned this afternoon and is now 6 hours old. We need the rain.

So tell me......is the flooding as bad as they are reporting?? I'm not that far from you and it's fine near me.[/QUOTE]
Wilkes Barre and scranton are along the Susqahanna river valley,as such ,low lying riverside property is toast,but once you travell a few miles from the river in either direction you will be going up,thus dry.Except for helping those who live in the flood plain I would not have known there was an emergency living and working where I do.

John, you know I work in Carbondale. The hospital is on top of a hill. The hosipital is fine. But just two blocks away,the road going to the top of the hill that I drive everyday was a raging river. I am not talking about just along the curbside, I mean the entire width of the road. Rocks the size of my hand were rolling down with the water. People were recording videos in the neighborhood for either insurance or historical purposes.
The run off from the mountain was just unbelieveable. There must have been an undergroung river that surfaced.

TURBO2GO said:
OK here, but I can't stand the fact that I cannot take the top off my car and having semi-bald tires I am in the far right lane going 45 MPH like an idiot all the time.

tires going bald already?!

atleast you're having fun with your new whip. :biggrin:

minsbang said:
tires going bald already?!

atleast you're having fun with your new whip. :biggrin:

No, the car is a bit out of alignment.... and the inner fronts is worn... now I have to get a whole new set. I am mostly gentle except those few seconds when my other evil personality comes out... like Jim Carey in that movie... me myself and Irene.... really its not my fault they are bald.:biggrin:

TURBO2GO said:
No, the car is a bit out of alignment.... and the inner fronts is worn... now I have to get a whole new set. I am mostly gentle except those few seconds when my other evil personality comes out... like Jim Carey in that movie... me myself and Irene.... really its not my fault they are bald.:biggrin:
I don't know if you caught my thread a while back about excessive wear on the front tires. I took my new NSX (04)for yearly oil change the first year. The Acura service guy told me I had excessive wear on the inner side of the front tires. He got an Acura rep to look at it and replaced them free of charge. You have a n 05, right?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50311

anyone for golf???

shawgolf8tu.jpg

delaware river @ shawnee inn fri 6.30.06 1400ft alt

i love chocolate milk....:biggrin:

I drove my NSX on the Monday after the Canadian Grand Prix from Montreal to Albany in one of the worst downpours I've ever seen for about 3.5 hours. What a trip! The NSX performed flawlessly--as a boat!

Back