the new Tein flex with edfc

Edgemts said:
SO the Question of the day is_
Have you installed them? And what do you think?
OK 2 questions but whos counting.

Its been installed in the car for quite a while now. I love it. Its not too hard or too soft, no pogostick effect, and I dont need to get off the car to adjust
the dampening force(32 way adjustable with the edfc).

here is a pic of the edfc installed where the ashtray console used to be.
8910DSC00042.JPG

8910Picture_038.jpg

and heres how it stands
8910MVC-029S.JPG

Last edited:
Could you take some pics of under the hood. I'm curious how those little adjustment boxes sit on top of the shocks in terms of clearance under the hood. I am correct in how those go on right?

yeah ive heard that they have issuse with the nsx b/c of the lack of space. id love to see some pics

I have this setup as well. It is a trick setup as the top of the strut tower is actually an inverted bell design so the EDFC controllers can fit atop the struts and still clear the hood. It works the same front and back. Definately not for a pure race car as you lose some adjustment options when choosing this setup. But for a street setup, I find that it is better than TEIN RAs.

Sorry for the lack of pics. My car is still in the shop being worked on.

comquat1 said:
Could you take some pics of under the hood. I'm curious how those little adjustment boxes sit on top of the shocks in terms of clearance under the hood. I am correct in how those go on right?

here is a picture of the motor for the edfc
passenger side rear
8910Picture_033.jpg

drivers side rear
8910Picture_034.jpg

drivers side front
8910Picture_035.jpg

8910Picture_036.jpg

Great pics Joseph!! Thanks for the underhood pics!!

BTW...im going to start a new thread "lets get Joseph a pedicure" fund...Im in for $1.00 :)

Hahaha! :biggrin: jk

NemesisX said:
Great pics Joseph!! Thanks for the underhood pics!!

BTW...im going to start a new thread "lets get Joseph a pedicure" fund...Im in for $1.00 :)

Would you say that edfc at it's softest settings is as soft as oem? I'm thinking about changing up my suspension and am trying to figure out if I don't like the springs or the dampers. I'm thinking I just don't like the eibachs b/c of them being progressive. I've riden in nsx's with oem springs and bilstein dampers and the ride was more supple, or so I thought, vs. my koni/eibachs.

Back