The New RL Experience

Our local had a "debut" gathering at a local restaraunt for the new RL although they have been out for about two weeks. They had us sign a release before driving so that the person in the back seat with a huge mic and headphones could record the entire conservation of our driving experience. Apparently they may use our comments to promote the car in the future.

The car felt and drove like you would expect from Honda/Acura. Definitely more get up and go with 300hp. The paddle shift thing takes a little getting used to and did not seem very responsive but then again this is no sportscar. The high tech electronics are probably the best features of the car. The new voice command navi system is sweet. However, I rarely use navi in my everyday driver. I don't think I had enough time to make any judgments on the SH-AWD system. I need to go to the dealer and drive during the daylight hours so that I can get a better look at the car and drive it without that dude in the backseat with the mike! They had an Audi 2.7 Quattro and a Merc E320 for comparison. The Audi was nice, the Merc a boat! The TL(had one of these to drive if you wanted) was probably the most fun and best bang for the buck.

Now the kicker-the lease for 3 years, 15,000 per year- $900.00!! I didn't like it that much! That is the same lease payment that I have for my BMW M5. My M5 felt like a rocket after driving those cars. I doubt that I can part with the Ultimate Driving Machine!!

Zman said:
Now the kicker-the lease for 3 years, 15,000 per year- $900.00!! I didn't like it that much! That is the same lease payment that I have for my BMW M5. My M5 felt like a rocket after driving those cars. I doubt that I can part with the Ultimate Driving Machine!!

We also had something similar locally with our dealer. I got to drive a fully loaded one with the optional 18" rims and deck spoiler. It looked really good. To me the car drove like a Coupe and not a Sedan which is perfect for me since I like Coupes. I really like this car and think over all (Price aside, and excluding the NSX) it is the best car Acura has put out to date. Factor in the price and I guess the TL is a better bang fot the buck, but I probably would try and swing for the RL anyway. Someone mentioned a rumor that next year (06 model or later) they will offer the RL in hybrid form. If that is true this will be one heck of a car and probably my future car.

As for the lease rates are you sure? Most other dealers are quoting about $680 or so a moth for 36 months and 15K miles a year which is right inline with a $50K car. I can't see how they came out with a $900 monthly lease payment. As of right now most dealers are not offering any sort of special lease deal, but still $900 is about $250 more than other dealers are asking.

As for the lease rates are you sure? Most other dealers are quoting about $680 or so a moth for 36 months and 15K miles a year which is right inline with a $50K car. I can't see how they came out with a $900 monthly lease payment. As of right now most dealers are not offering any sort of special lease deal, but still $900 is about $250 more than other dealers are asking.

Chris,

That is exactly the number my good dealer friend quoted me there. $680 seems more reasonable since a loaded TL goes for $580 according to him. I also agree that it is one of the best cars put out by Acura recently. That SH-AWD will come in handy in Hawaii!! LOL

Factor in the price and I guess the TL is a better bang fot the buck, but I probably would try and swing for the RL anyway.

only if the TL had SH-AWD would i take the TL over this RL

Zman said:

Did you lease the M5 New? How much did you put down? What a freakin deal at 900 a month. I think my next car will be the M5. IMO it is a perfect sedan.

steveny said:
Did you lease the M5 New? How much did you put down? What a freakin deal at 900 a month. I think my next car will be the M5. IMO it is a perfect sedan.

My M5 was pre-owned '02 with 7300 miles when I got it. The person before me had it for a few months and turned it in. You would have thought it was new! I put down $2500, payments are $900 exactly for 39 months-36,000miles. I have one year left and I don't know what to do next-buy it, get the next generation M5 at $90,000 or a RL/TL?. This car and my NSX are the only two cars that make me smile every time I drive them! You WILL not be disappointed if you get a M5!! I recently drove the new E55 AMG, fast but not the same as the BMW.

Back