The NC1 Engine

Did you see the specs on the aborted N.A. engine? I joke about Honda only wanting to give us 300hp over and over again. Only recently they surpassed it with the Jnc1 and J30c1.
I did not. What platform was that supposed to power?

oh wow! I did not know that.
They probably had to rethink the plan since even with electric motors they would have only 400hp with that combo and 400hp is not enough to move 3800lbs. I think they could have got away with the n.a. engine and building that for boost but it would have to be rengineered to handle boost vs using architecture from their formula v6 turbo engines from the late 80s.They likely took architecture inspiration and added electric motors to attain their hp goals. I guess that's where Cosworth with its formula engine manufacturing experience enters the storyline.Below is the Jnc1 and the older honda v6 formula engine. Some similarities and some differences forsure. I guess that's why when Ted klaus said the Nc1 Nsx is ready to go straight to gt3 racing with its stock engine is because the engine's engineering must have been derived heavily from formula 1 in the past.

Attachments

• download (25).jpeg
    download (25).jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 2
  • images (12).jpeg
    images (12).jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 2
The NC1 ice is really a conservative tune. At 520 hp and 3.5 L. The ethos was having confidence in running it all day and not sweating track days.

Back