The most amazing garage thread ever

A real collector doesn't own Japanese car. It has no souls.
Right. Souls are what screw you up the ass when you are least expecting. Like driving to your own wedding and your soulful exotic decides to quit half way. Hey, these guys have so much money that they can always call a cab to pick them up. Seriously, the NSX has NO soul.
Steve

Don't fret guys, one of the garage owners I know well pictured in that thread along with the Ferrarichat Site sold his Red NSX and replaced it with a 360. He has some serious machinery and still regrets getting rid of the NSX.

His Garage has gone through changes with F40's 50's, carrera GT, Porsches, lotus, NSX, Mercedes.

What sort of tile did you use that holds the weight of a car?

It's 1/4 inch slate put down with a 1/2 inch notched trowel using full flex modified mortar. I have less than 600 bucks into the floor. Got a wicked good deal on that slate. Anything will hold the weight of the car if it's installed properly.

It's 1/4 inch slate put down with a 1/2 inch notched trowel using full flex modified mortar. I have less than 600 bucks into the floor. Got a wicked good deal on that slate. Anything will hold the weight of the car if it's installed properly.

Looks real nice!!! Do you think a jack or jack stands can be used on it?

Am I too old to be adopted by one of these guys? Geeeez:biggrin:

I could only dream of having a garage like that. It puts true meaning into the wife can have the house, but the man gets his garage. What I would do to get a garage like those.

What I spend my free time on....

I am much more impressed with people like Steve that put his time and money to work on a nice but not over-the-top garage. Sure these mega riches just spent a few million dollars to build "garages" that shame Buckingham Palace. I am sure the toilet in one of those is already more expensive than my entire house all because they have the means to do so. But for the less wealthy, a nicely finished "normal" sized garage is where I get some inspirations for my own.
Nice tiles, Steve.
Steve

I am much more impressed with people like Steve that put his time and money to work on a nice but not over-the-top garage. Sure these mega riches just spent a few million dollars to build "garages" that shame Buckingham Palace. I am sure the toilet in one of those is already more expensive than my entire house all because they have the means to do so. But for the less wealthy, a nicely finished "normal" sized garage is where I get some inspirations for my own.
Nice tiles, Steve.
Steve

Paying someone else to do it is just not the same as doing it yourself. HOWEVER if my wallet were as big as my imagination the floor in my garage would be made from Lexan and I have no clue how to install a sheet that large. Also don't know how to bolt a Countach to the wall either. :D

Paying someone else to do it is just not the same as doing it yourself. HOWEVER if my wallet were as big as my imagination the floor in my garage would be made from Lexan and I have no clue how to install a sheet that large. Also don't know how to bolt a Countach to the wall either. :D

Steve,
You have the same idea as mine. I wanted to bolt an Indy car on the wall back then. I found a few beaters long time ago without the engines for $15k. I then was thinking that it would look marvelous. Anyway, my garage is not so big that I can afford wasting space.
Steve

Well I just thought of a great idea for my new garage! I am going to put outlets in the floor so the maintenance chargers are hidden!

Thanks for the great ideas on the garages, I am still not sure what I am going to use for flooring, probably some type of tile.

Might want to rethink AC outlets in garage floor -- garage floors tend to get wet on occasion.

Well I just thought of a great idea for my new garage! I am going to put outlets in the floor so the maintenance chargers are hidden!

Thanks for the great ideas on the garages, I am still not sure what I am going to use for flooring, probably some type of tile.

indeed I'm also looking into a tile that will be durable/impervious to petroleum and suit the old world style of our stone house..all that plastic race deck stuff makes it look like a kids playroom and the epoxy looks too industrial.Post up some pics if you find something,I'll do the same...

DSCF0108.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/gwhipple/Garage#

gary

I love mine, looks great and very functional. However, biggest drawback, not enough height for a lift. :(

6531_93866053013_755288013_2108356_6651706_n.jpg

indeed I'm also looking into a tile that will be durable/impervious to petroleum and suit the old world style of our stone house..all that plastic race deck stuff makes it look like a kids playroom and the epoxy looks too industrial.Post up some pics if you find something,I'll do the same...

That slate in my garage is really stone slate not plastic or a slate like product. It looks way better in person than in the pictures and is durable as hell. Another option is to just use brick pavers.

Carguy
As for the AC outlet use the ones made from brass that have a screw on cap with a rubber ring. When not in use you can have the cap in place. Even better, have them powder coated to match the floor. If you did multi colored slate and powder coated the outlet they would pretty much disappear into the floor when the car was out of it's space.

Are you getting close to finishing your house yet?

Back