The end of the year :(

Well everyone, I feel as though the end of the year has come :( Unfortunately the weather is getting colder and the NSX events are over (for the North East). I know some people are planning smaller get togethers, however it looks like I may be done. It doesn't make sense for me to continue driving my car, my rear tires have been good to me and survived through NSXPO. I have 15,200 miles and 4 track days on my S03s!! My clutch is just about toast but has also lasted me through this last big event. So in a few weeks Eileen is going to get the complete Zymol treatment, go up on jack stands and sit the Winter out. Hopefully if everything goes as planned, she should come out next year with some fresh track pads, new tires, track harnesses, new clutch and a Type R ring & pinion. But for now reality is setting in, and it's going to be a long 6 months until I get to drive my car again. It really stinks because you can even see the slow down of On-Line traffic on Prime during the Winter months. I guess the next thing to look forward to is the North East Holiday Dinner. I was also thinking maybe we can plan a little trip to NYC to see the tree this year, I think that would be great! Let me know what you guys think

-John & Karen

John, I understand exactly what you stated.

That is why I am planning to still drive the car through this winter (this is such a courageous move on my part ;) ). I will see how well my car can plow snow with the bra on. :D

TigerNSX said:

That is why I am planning to still drive the car through this winter (this is such a courageous move on my part ;) ). I will see how well my car can plow snow with the bra on. :D

word! I am driving it through the winter too :) What's the biggie, okay so last time I got caught in a snow storm in a nsx it went 2 miles per hour but i still got home ;)

word! I am driving it through the winter too What's the biggie, okay so last time I got caught in a snow storm in a nsx it went 2 miles per hour but i still got home

Here are "some" of my reasons......

1) Trying to keep the mileage down, last year I put over 20,000 miles on in a 10 month period!!

2) My S03s are absolutely horrible in cold weather, and downright lethal on as much as a dusting of snow.

3) 3 other cars to drive....why screw up the NSX

4) Great time to make improvements

5) I take the car off the road in the Winter, so I save money on insurance (to pay for improvements)

6) Al is not very good with NaCl

7) Too cold to wash her, and I only drive her when she's clean :):)

TigerNSX said:

I thought that this "new" car was going to become a dedicated "track rat", never seen one of those with "snow tires"

I was glad that you made it down on Sunday, sorry I didn't get to spend more time talking with you and I didn't get to see the new ride. Winter is coming way too quickly and you poor guys from the Boston area are going to have to go it again without the ACLS title. Long live the Yankees!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

jadkar said:
Here are "some" of my reasons......

1) Trying to keep the mileage down, last year I put over 20,000 miles on in a 10 month period!!

Why keep the mileage down, it's a Honda, it'll last forever :D

I just looked at my mileage history and sadly I've only driven the NSX 8,000 miles per year these past two years :( I think I've been too busy at work and had little free time.

In previous years I did much more NSX driving:
2000 - 45k
2001 - 35k
2002 - 26k

I hope to reverse this downward spiral in 2005 and get back into the 25-30k range :D

I think my WRX is getting way too much of its share of miles - 85k in the last two years...

RPM217 said:
I thought that this "new" car was going to become a dedicated "track rat", never seen one of those with "snow tires"

Well, I believe that I will be the first one!!! If not, it's still fun to slide around in the icy road with summer tires. It will help me become a better driver and learn to have better car control skills :D :eek:

RPM217 said:
I was glad that you made it down on Sunday, sorry I didn't get to spend more time talking with you and I didn't get to see the new ride.

Thank you so much for the kind words and warmth. It is always great to see you. You are such a nice guy!

RPM217 said:
Winter is coming way too quickly and you poor guys from the Boston area are going to have to go it again without the ACLS title. Long live the Yankees!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I remember the following thread:

Go, Red Sox!

Well, it looks as if the situation cannot be worse than this especially without Shilling out of the bullpen. HOWEVER, at least, we will have all the excuses :D

Nevertheless, don't keep your hope so high. I just cannot see how Yankees will beat Cardinals in the final ;)

We should plan a get together before the holiday dinner comes around because I cant wait that long to see you guys again.... How about a brazilian BBQ day one weekend also there is a import show coming this month to AC. Maybe we could do that event.

Bailey,

Definitely....Put something together and I'll be there. The car is going away in 3 weeks

jadkar,
i think you should let us chase you around in your element!
that is one FAST car!!!!

:rolleyes:

i think you should let us chase you around in your element!
that is one FAST car!!!!
It's all driver baby :):)

Bridgewater acura is thinking of having a meet there to view the new RL ....maybe we could do a Pancake house breakfast and then shoot over there for a meet .

Bailey and John

If we get together at Bridgewater Acura we can walk next door to Fuddruckers for some non-brazilian BBQ :eek: . I will contact Mike on Monday and we can set it up if you guys are interested??

Alan

Sounds like a plan...I'm gonna be down there tomorrow for the RL introduction / preview :)

How about a brazilian BBQ day one weekend also there is a import show coming this month to AC.

Bailey,
Brazilian BBQ sounds great! Though everytime I go, I get hammered; food coma anyone? Hot import nights is coming this October 23rd I believe. I'll be down there, Nsxing the whole way. Then Borgata'ing the night away. Would love to have a Nsx gathering there.

OK someone please take the ball here and put something together...the last fuddruckers meet was good im sure that more people will come as we get some specifics on a acutual meet.

I'll talk to Mike Lasko (Bridgewater Acura) tonight, he's been trying to put something together anyway. Stay tuned.........

Bailey, shoot me a PM or call me you got my card. If not ill give you my #. Lets plan something for HOT IMPORT NIGHTS in AC or just a sunday meet up...

jadkar said:

It's a Honda, it's made to be driven.
Don't be pu$$y like some Ferrari owners :)

jadkar said:
2) My S03s are absolutely horrible in cold weather, and downright lethal on as much as a dusting of snow.

It does not snow every day in winter.

jadkar said:
3) 3 other cars to drive....why screw up the NSX

Why drive other cars if there is a NSX to drive.

jadkar said:
4) Great time to make improvements

Real playa make improvement while driving :)

jadkar said:
5) I take the car off the road in the Winter, so I save money on insurance (to pay for improvements)

No comments.

jadkar said:
6) Al is not very good with NaCl

Wtf is Nacl.

jadkar said:
7) Too cold to wash her, and I only drive her when she's clean :):)

Damn another rain pu$$y :)

:D :D Who let the trolls out :confused: :confused:

Back