The eagle landed! The NSX is safe in the garrage!

Hey Guys,

In relation to the comments by Dr. Honda, I'd like to ask a question of you all - well that is anyone that may be still viewing this thread. How clean were your cars when you got them?

Why am I asking - you may have read Barney's comments on the condition of the paint - well it didn't stop there. The underside of the car was so clean that it actually prompted Barney to be curious as to whether or not it's primary use was on a track. It was really clean - the kind of clean that using degreasing solutions provide - but they weren't used. Actually the car was always - for the last 15 years at least - only driven when the roads were clean and resided those years in Texas.

Not only the paint and underside but the engine compartment and all the little nooks and crannies were clean - as in no dirt when running your finger in the areas around the trunk where the paint is exposed - totally clean - so it would take me very little to make the car ready for a show actually. I have a friend that has been to concours events and pointed out to me the little things they take off for and there weren't that many on my car!!!

So do these cars just stay clean? OR what? Maybe it's the design of the car but it has never sat out in the rain or weather - has had a car cover over it and as you might think with only 42k miles on it now that it hasn't seen a whole lot of daylight.

What have you guys experienced?

most of us don't drive in the rain. i just recently changed my rotors and its been over 6 months and the center hub section of the rotors are still bright and shinny. I periodically would wipe down the engine bay, and the some of us are more fanactical than others. I see members here who would take the wheels off once a year and take a brush and clean all the suspension components. If you look at the pictures of NSXSUPRA when he had it in the air to show off his exhaust, his underside is spotless too.

mine was super-clean and the interior was unusually good (hardly any wear on the side bolsters). However, the condition of my paint, windsheild and headlight lenses was typical for a car w/ 100 K miles. Kinda looked like the previous owner drove through sandstorms. The paint is slightly rough and pitted on the front bumper and lower hood and the headlight lenses and windsheild are fairly rough and pitted. Clay bar and lots of wax have helped the paint, got one of those headlight restoration kits and they are at least 50% better. I really do think that the paint on these cars wears pretty well.

My car is filthy. I haven't washed it in two months and during that time I took a trip to Key West with it. There are still dead bugs on the front bumper and windshield. The engine bay is covered with dirt and road grime. Overall the car has a film of slime all over it, but underneath all of this dirt is about three layers of wax. I hate to say it, but I've been too lazy to wash the car.

Shame on you Doc, get out there and protect that investment and your own self image! At least before you're seen in it again.....lol. For all our sakes - got keep up appearances - you represent all of us in a way.

My car is filthy. I haven't washed it in two months and during that time I took a trip to Key West with it. There are still dead bugs on the front bumper and windshield. The engine bay is covered with dirt and road grime. Overall the car has a film of slime all over it, but underneath all of this dirt is about three layers of wax. I hate to say it, but I've been too lazy to wash the car.

Sounds like you found a new GF.......:wink:

Hope you guys like these pics! I know I didn't take a picture with me and today's paper but you'll just have to trust me. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Great looking car, Tim. Looks like it just came off the showroom floor. It's hard to believe the car was made in 1991. I bought a 2004 with 24k miles about a month ago. It's in nice shape, but I'm not sure it is as nice as yours. I haven't crawled underneath to look at the underbody yet. I'm taking it in to have the tail light gaskets replaced next week, so maybe I'll get a look at the underside then.

These cars are a joy to drive. I just took a trip from D.C. to the outer banks of North Carolina in mine. My 88 year old mother rode in the passenger's seat. She loved it, especially when we got off the Interstate and explored the back roads.

Congratulations and enjoy.

Shame on you Doc, get out there and protect that investment and your own self image! At least before you're seen in it again.....lol. For all our sakes - got keep up appearances - you represent all of us in a way.

I hear ya Tim. But ever since I started pimpin' around town in my Benz, I don't seem to mind leaving the NSX in the garage all filthy.

docjohn said:
Sounds like you found a new GF.......

We have a winner. Too bad bad she's not dirty like my NSX! :frown:

Hey guys,

Of course Doc I was half kidding. Well maybe 2/3s kidding.....lol.

Nice to have a choice of rides like you have. Remember those bugs will leave a mark on the paint finish if you don't get it off soon.

attachment.php

what a BEAUTY!!!

Back