The creator of GTR explains how the GTR is so heavy

did'nt bother to watch the rest.

what a total idiot

in the first few sec on the the first clip

he ses "F1 car weight 600kg and it has 1000kg down force, so when the the F1 turns the car weights 1600kg."
WTF!!!

what a complete IDIOT

after hearing that i just paused the video and spared my self. :biggrin:
i'm soooo glad he does not work for HONDA.

i seriously hope that you are being sarcastic.

Last edited:
YES!
But you have to be aware of 2 things:
  • mass: is the tendecy agains the acceleration. F=m*a Where "m" is the mass "F" is the force and "a" is accelereation. with the same force if the mass is smaller the acceleration is bigger
  • weight: Is the force how the object push the floor os pull the ceiling...
So the two thing is not equal, and that is whay the combination is good in the case of the F1 car. Tha mass is still 600kg so with the same force the acceleration is bigger, but the weight is 1600kg which is better for the stomping. (Az the friction force is equal F=u*F' Where "u" is the surface coefficinet "F'" is the compulsion force in this case is the weight...so the bigger the weight the bigger stomping force could be achieved!

What he says above is true however I think it would make sense if you seperate mass, downforce and normal force.

Mass = Weight of the Car
Downforce = Downward force created by the aero properties of a car
Normal force = force that acts perpendicular to a surface

F1 cars have to create x amount of normal force, force perpendicular to the road, in order to achieve the cornering speeds they do. The high levels of downforce increase the amount of friction between the roads and the tires, as friction, both static and dynamic are a function of the normal force. In simple terms for this case, the normal force is a summation of both mass(600 kg) and the down force (1000 kg).

The two will not handle the same as a car with 1600 kg will have more momentum than a car with 600 kg and 1000 kg of downforce.

To illustrate this point, simplistically, imagine an F1 car going weighing 600 kg going around a turn with 1000 kg down force at 150 mph. Now assume the 1600 kg car going around the same turn at 150 mph...which car is more likely to slide off the track due to momentum.

Back