• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

**THE** Body shop for paint in SoCal??

I'm probably going to buy a ducted hood for downforce and cooling. I'm going to want to have it painted Silverstone Metallic to match my NSX. Who do you all recommend as simply the BEST for this work? I want the best paint match and coverage on the hood. Cost is not really an issue. I don't want to pay for a crappy job to try to save a few bucks. I want great work and customer service. I've seen previous mentions of San Pedro Auto Body as the place to go. I thought they closed, but they seem to be alive again...? As always, Thanks.

paying a high price does not always mean it's "the best"

I'm probably going to buy a ducted hood for downforce and cooling. I'm going to want to have it painted Silverstone Metallic to match my NSX. Who do you all recommend as simply the BEST for this work? I want the best paint match and coverage on the hood. Cost is not really an issue. I don't want to pay for a crappy job to try to save a few bucks. I want great work and customer service. I've seen previous mentions of San Pedro Auto Body as the place to go. I thought they closed, but they seem to be alive again...? As always, Thanks.

This is a true story. I used to own a chain of automotive electronics stores. Early in the days of car alarms I found a brand that was extremely inexpensive but when we installed them they were actually more reliable and user friendly than the name brand and much more expensive models. I tried to sell them for a reasonable price and people were afraid to buy them because they thought the price was too low. When I raised the price everyone wanted them and I couldn't keep them in stock. I had my NSX-R hood painted at MAACO in Oceanside. At first they told me they would recommend blending the fenders to guarantee the match but I wasn't sure if I was going to keep the NSX-R "look" and wanted to be able to return the car to stock just by replacing the hood with the OEM hood so I asked them to not blend and see how it turned out. Their match was so good that blending is not needed....and their cost to paint the hood including stripping/hand sanding the black paint from the CF hood was $600. I'm not sure all MAACO locations can turn out the work product that the one in Oceanside is capable of producing. They happen to have a staff that is committed to quality work and I highly recommend them for any paint work. IF you need a bumper painted on your NSX they will do it for $400. MAACO 3215 Production Avenue Oceanside, CA 92054 <nobr>(760) 757-8964 Ask for Ron</nobr>

I am looking for a good quality paint and body work shop too.

Sad day for me few weeks ago. I hit a piece of object and bent my front 02+ wheels. My front bumper needs to be repainted. and want to repair a scratch on my fender.

I want to go to Marco's as I have heard alot of good things about their work. But someone in Marco actually refer me to C And C Collision in Alhambra, CA.

Have any of you heard of these two shop?

Thanks,

dtm auto body in el monte, ca ..or ...auto explosion in torrance/gardena..area

There's a shop on Bolsa and magnolia. It's called Tho's Auto Collision. They have a perfect rating out of 56 reviews on yelp. I've been there myself and they do excellent work. Plus they are Asian and they give discounts hahahah

There's a shop on Bolsa and magnolia. It's called Tho's Auto Collision. They have a perfect rating out of 56 reviews on yelp. I've been there myself and they do excellent work. Plus they are Asian and they give discounts hahahah

LOL, if you pay cash right?

I've heard good things about dtm as well. Since bell pissed me off, dtm might be my next venture.

NO to MAACO! After suffering a hit-n-run at the Trader Joe's my rear bumper needed paint and four areas fixed which took the impact. I removed the bumper and took just the cover down to them for the work to make it as easy as possible for them. I discussed with Ron how they would fix the small dents in the bumper (heat and some flexible filler). When I returned in 4 days to pick it up it was later in the day and they had the bumper waiting in a poorly lit part of the shop with quite a bit of dust already on the bumper. I did notice at that time that the repair to a wavy section on the corner didn't come out as well as I had hoped and Ron said he forgot to tell them to fix it. Traffic was getting bad and I was anxious to get to another appointment so I just loaded it in my wagon. I didn't notice until after a wipe down this morning that the other sections which needed some work look to have gotten little more than a bit of sanding but no filler leaving the indentations in. When I called him this morning he said they only did a re-paint, no repairs were done other than a scuffing. The paint itself is actually nice and shiny and the color match is good but I'm now going to take it to a local shop to be fixed correctly(fingers crossed). Waste of time and money.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience after following my suggestion. I just forwarded your post to Ron so now I'm waiting to for his reaction. Alan

I went by Maaco today to speak with Ron about this incident and drop off a DF chin spoiler for minor repair and repaint. This is his response:

"Alan I noticed the imperfections. I apologized to him over the phone and ask him to bring them back and we'll fix them. He said he will write a bad review on me and hung off the phone. The imperfections some time happens in the process of prep and paint but we always take responsibility and correct them. Drew choose not to give us a second chance. Ron"

Anyone know any good places in the IE? Looking into getting my rear valance painted and possibly center console :smile:

At the frs/brz meet yesterday everyone said dtm was the place to go. They are also related to another company, I forgot who..... I think m1 auto body. I took my veilside kit to m1, they were pretty good to me.

I had the work done by DTM. They did a really great job. I'd definitely recommend them.

At the frs/brz meet yesterday everyone said dtm was the place to go. They are also related to another company, I forgot who..... I think m1 auto body. I took my veilside kit to m1, they were pretty good to me.

Before I moved to Cali I had DTM paint my V2 nsimo front bumper for the 350z. I sent them my gas cap or something and they sent it back. Perfect match. Not sure why I went to Bell for the NSX being that DTM was here. Oh well, we learn...

I was originally going to go to Downforce and called them up, but they said they were in the process of moving to a different location. Then previously heard good things about Bell, but not now. Oh well :redface: DTM looks like the place to go!

Those of you that are in the IE..contact my buddy Erik..straight legit, no bullshit,chill guy. Awesome paint, very very reasonable prices.. My S14 painted by Erik gets compliments left and right...Ford Metallic Red Cherry
8867463253_35869862f0_c.jpg

Contact: Erik 909-997-2044 Addy: 10611 Fulton Ct Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730

Back