The $500 NSX...

Honest - really.

A friend of mine called me last week to tell me he just got an NSX.
My questions: what year? answer "92 with 27k miles"
My response - check for the snap ring range, other than that they are as good as any other year-you'll have some great fun.
He then offers that he got it from a police/municipal auction - probably drug asset seizure - and it has been wrecked hard in the front. Maybe rebuild it to make a track rat or just part it out. Got a skilled body shop friend that can realign it an get it trackable.

I had to ask - how much?
the answer, in the topic above....
Seems he was the only bidder, and the auction opened at that amount.

I have encouraged him to post here - we'll see. I looked at it this week and it is indeed a challenging project. No way to make it a nice street car and not be upside down in it - but a hellava deal for a good engine and drive train!

Please don't PM me for details - I want to respect his privacy, and if he choses to part it out, then he will no doubt do so here.
Just thought you would enjoy the incredible story.
And yes, I do know that pictures would make it a better story. No camera with me, not to mention that I still don't know how to post them. :cool:

NsXMas said:
Maybe one of the boys got happy on the NSX and accidentally bumped something on the impound lot? :biggrin:

Maybe the police took it in to have the tires changed and the service tech took it out for a test drive. :tongue:

steveny said:
Maybe the police took it in to have the tires changed and the service tech took it out for a test drive. :tongue:

Hehe....that is just wrong. Not that I would be all that surprised if the police did in fact wreck it.....I hope RyanITV does not see your comment. :D

So at these auctions, I or any other young adult, could purchase this car with a few hundred? If so, i'll take 2 please...one blue one red...just because :smile:

Back