Thanks too all that came to 08 Spring NSX Craze!

Yesterday, saturday i spun a rod bearing in my NSX... :mad: Im glad it didn't happen in austin! But sucks now that im gonna have to rebuild the engine. 145,280 miles on it right now, i was hoping i could make it to 200k plus! Oh well shit happens. :frown:

Time to go get some boost!! :D

Wow...!! Really sorry to hear about your engine, Jeff. Hope it's not too costly. So I guess I can expect about 145K trouble free miles from my NSX, huh????

Again, best of luck....

Dennis

Aw, man. Jeff, I'm sorry to hear about your mechanical problems, too. But maybe when you have the whole story in hand you can tell us what the cause was, if there would have been any way to prevent it, and what it took to cure it. It sure would help the rest of us to know what to expect.
What happened when you noticed something was wrong? Check engine light? Tapping noise?
I ask because I see lots of spun bearing threads here and worry about that.
Take care, best of luck.
Randal

Yesterday, saturday i spun a rod bearing in my NSX... :mad: Im glad it didn't happen in austin! But sucks now that im gonna have to rebuild the engine. 145,280 miles on it right now, i was hoping i could make it to 200k plus! Oh well shit happens. :frown:

Sorry guys..... I got better news.... I really assumed that it was a rod bearing cause of the loud sound it was making and i know it was internal but thought it was coming from the engine cause my tranny has been smooth shifting as long as i have owned it. Turns out... its the tranny! There are 6 bearings inside of it and one of them needs to be replaced. Im gonna replace all 6 since they got to take it apart anyways. Im just lucky the bearings didn't come out of the cage and bounced all around the tranny so guess u could say i caught it in time. :wink: Other then that the internals look good so i don't have any other expenses with it. Im glad it was the tranny and not the engine! I should have my car back in 2 more days so im very happy about that. I'll keep ya'll posted! :smile:

No im not doing the short gears, from what i heard its pretty much pointless. I heard short gears are really good with a supercharger, but im not supercharged. :frown:

Sorry, but you heard wrong. Its actually vice versa.

Matt

Possibility yes the Craze held the 31st of October Halloween weekend, plenty of activities but I am surprised it hasn't been anounce. I haven't heard much about it but I will see what's up. I'd like another craze!

+1

Gil

Luis

Are there still plans for a fall craze?

Back