Thanks to Amanda & Rich!!!

jadkar said:
Bailey....what is the focal point on your lens, and is it a image stabilization lens??

Its a 2.8 24-70mm ...but because im using it on a Canon 10D you must multiply that by 1.6 to get the actual focal length. Confused ??......ok well let me try and explain ....the lens is specs are calibrated for use on a 35mm SLR not digital. My camera is a digital SLR and uses a cmos sensor to capture the light as opposed to a piece of film. The cmos sensors capture area is smaller then a piece of film so in order to squeeze the image onto the cmos sensor the distance of the sensor had to be moved close to the lens which is directly proportional to the focal length and effects its range. Therefore the lens im using is actually a 30- 110mm approximatly.

Is it a image stabilized lens ?.....No it is not but in most of the shots there was more then sufficent light allowing me to use a faster shutter speed and allowing me to capture the image with out much blurr.

I tried to answer this as best i can with what i know, im sure there is a more detailed answer online if you need further clarification.

Bailey......Thanks for the very clear explanation, but I already knew that :D:D:D I just got a 10D for my birthday, and I'm experimenting with lens. I want to buy the 75-300mm IS lens, but it's too expensive for before X-mas.

Now if we want to talk about image multiplying, I would have loved to get the 1Ds, then I wouldn't have to worry. That thing has one big ass CMOS!!!

PS: Take a look at the picture I took of my engine at the end of the Paddock thread. I used aperture setting of 11 with a 30 second exposure ISO100 and very dim lighting to the rear left of the engine. there is so much to learn, it's a fun winter hobby though:)

Thanks again

Last edited:
jadkar said:
Now if we want to talk about image multiplying, I would have loved to get the 1Ds, then I wouldn't have to worry. That thing has one big ass CMOS!!!
Thanks again

Yesss and lets not forget how many megapixiels that thing is ......... 1:1 ratio and 11.1megapixiels

You could have gotten a Comptech SC for the same price as this cam.

Re: ok, here they are again...

s2ktaxi said:
The photos I took are on my site:
http://nsxne.francisgan.com

Here are a couple of teasers:
DE0D2532.jpg

Panorama1_cropped_1-2048wide.jpg
I don't see any picture in Francis' site.
What happened?
Steve

Back