Thank You NSXprime members

I have found my NSX :) !!!!! . I purchased a 91 red NSX from a very nice guy, Craig C. in Thousand Oaks, CA. My girlfriend and I headed out by plane monday morning and flew into Burbank airport (that’s an old airport). Crag picked us up from the airport and took us to his house. He turned out to be great guy and his family welcomed us in. This wasn’t a here's the title and here's the money kind of transaction. They all seemed to be very excited about the transaction but also sad to see their car go. What most likely kept them with smiles was they also own a black 95 NSX. The owner told me all he could about the car and he gave me all his receipts and info on the car. He was true to his word and promises. His family even gave us some food for the road. Thanks guys.

Let me tell you a little about the car. It is a totally stock, except for the updated wheels, red/black 91 5 speed. It has the original paint, no body work, new clutch, and only 24K miles :) I’ll have to fix the drivers door speaker (good o’ Bose amp problem) and get the car nice and clean. The leather is in great condition but needs a little tender love and care. I am very happy with the purchase.

After picking the car up we started our journey back to Tucson, AZ (560 miles away). Well, unfortunately it was rainy :( The weather channel said cloudy with a chance of rain the day before but instead they should have just said its going to rain. Well take that back, pour. We had no choice because we had to be back home the following day so we decided to head out and hit the freeway. Everything was great except for the damn rain that would not let up. It was only until we were close to the border that it cleared up. The car did great but I was a little nervous driving it in the rain with trucks constantly spewing up the rain creating this mist that made it hard to see, very annoying. Otherwise we did fine. Once we were in Arizona it was clear sailing. I let my girlfriend drive when we were close to Phoenix and she would not let me have the car back until we were home, ah well. After waiting over eight months I finally found my car :)

I would really like to that John (ANYTIME) for help with me on this car. I talked with him before on a different NSX and was willing to help me out on this one too. He checked the car out for me and talked to the owner. We exchanged phone calls and he gave me advice. Thanks John, I really appreciated the help, which made me come to the conclusion of buying the car.

I would also like to thank everyone else who either called me or responded to a thread I started. Also, thank you for the carfax. I have come to greatly admire some of the nsxprime members and their vast knowledge of the NSX. They helped me pick between the cars that were good and bad. You guys are great!! I recommend all new owners to frequent the site and ask questions (keep in mind there is a great FAQ).

Anyway, I look forward to meeting some of you in person, especially the Phoenix crowd. There are not many NSX’s down here in Tucson but I did see a white one today ironically. I also look forward to attending NSX events and joining NSXCA. I have been waiting patiently (well, maybe not exactly :D ) for a long time and now my dream has come true :) . Thank you everyone

An ok picture from the side (i know i'm posting twice and not using image station, i just cant get it to link up right now for some reason) Kinda funny the difference in settings. California has grass while Arizona has....dirt.

Attachments

• dsc00166 try #2.jpg
    dsc00166 try #2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 509
Glad you found one Nik looks nice sorry I couldn't get over to check that one out in Elkhart Lake for you in time but I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Steve, thanks for all your help. Sorry i didnt get a hold of you later to tell you. I'm kinda glad that the deal fell through with the other guy in WI. He got a little greedy and unrealistic. I think this turned out much better.

A well documented "purchase" story, a satisfied owner, an X that's found a new home, appropriate thanks to all who aided and assisted, and pictures to back it all up. Sigh!! In essence, an excellent "new owner" post.

Congratulations nik3sgte. Welcome to X ownership!! We look forward to hearing many more stories.

Regards.

Nik,

Looks great congrats!

Did the previous owner do the window thingies, timing belt and other maintenance items?

-Jim

Jimbo said:
Did the previous owner do the window thingies, timing belt and other maintenance items?

All maintenance except the timing belt so i am going to get that done asap. I talked with the owner about this, the snap ring, windows, etc. I'm trying to cover everything i have learned from nsxprime on the early NSX's so that i will not run into any problems down the road.

Exellent ,It's nice to see the process in action and the nice pics.What a wonderfull feeling to be able to purchase and realize the object of so many daydreams.

Congratualtions x million times!!!

I am extremely happy for you!!

Congrats man... best of luck with the new X! Does the girlfriend like it? She looks happy :D

Congrats on your new car! I'm glad I could help you out, being so far away, it's difficult to determine if a car is nice only by pics and owners descriptions. I hope you enjoy it for years to come, as I have mine.
Take care,
John

Congratulations Nik. Your NSX looks like its been well maintained throughout and I'm sure you'll make sure that that continues. Thanks for sharing your purchase story, sounds like you had a great experience. Thumbs up to Sandra, theres a cool sorta something about a female that likes to drive a manual.
-John

Wow, looks like my baby! And with such low miles too, I'm so happy for you! We had 3 red NSXs at the Pavilions last night, along with scNSXgirl's black NSX, MYNSX's yellow F355, and a red Lotus S4. You'll have to stop by sometime! Congrats!

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and support. It feels great to own a NSX but feels even better to be involved in such a great community with such great people.

PHOEN$X said:
We had 3 red NSXs at the Pavilions last night, along with scNSXgirl's black NSX, MYNSX's yellow F355, and a red Lotus S4. You'll have to stop by sometime! Congrats!

I cant wait to check out the Pavilions :D and meet you Phoenix NSX owners.

You are right, our cars are very simliar. I remember seeing your pics in the picture gallery :) Very nice.

Congratulations on the new car! Sounds like a great purchase experience. The car looks super.

Back