Test drove a supercharged NSX today...

Hello everyone, so I test drove a 2000 supercharged NSX today and...WOW, what a blast. I currently own a 97 viper RT/10 that I will be selling and moving to the NSX. Sure, NSX may not have been as powerful, but man, what a well built car. I really enjoyed the overall driving experience! I felt very planted to the road and it just felt like a different driving experience overall. Even though I know I will miss my viper, I think I am ready to move onto an NSX. I posted my thoughts in the other off topic section but thought a discussion here may reach more people.

What should one expect to pay around for a clean NA2 NSX CTSC with around 20-40k miles? I know a lot of factors play here, but just want to get some ideas on what you all think. I am searching here, ebay, autotrader, and craigslist daily to get a feel for the market.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting your experience.
Have never driven a Viper (they are extremely rare where I live), but I can imagine the driving experience is very different.

Once you've found your NSX, please don't forget to post again with some pictures.
Good luck with your search, just take your time to find the right one.

I am no NA2 expert, but my guess would be in and around the 50k realm. Welcome to the addiction of the NSX.

you will be limiting yourself too much imo if you look for a used car with blower already installed.....i would look for the best car i can find in my price range and then have a new supercharger installed.There was recently a large group buy and CT engineering has been making alot of them....some folks may still want out or sell theirs.

I think you can save money if you find one with a CTSC on the car, but you also don't know the history of it. Make sure you so a leak down and compression check before buying any supercharged car. I learned that the hard way.

If you were to find a well maintained clean title NA2 with 20k-40k miles on it with a few mods and a CTSC, I would think it would be anywhere in the $50k-60k range. Well sorted out NA2's that are stock or with just basic mods with 20k-40k miles fetch around $45-50k.

Hello everyone, so I test drove a 2000 supercharged NSX today and...WOW, what a blast. I currently own a 97 viper RT/10 that I will be selling and moving to the NSX. Sure, NSX may not have been as powerful, but man, what a well built car. I really enjoyed the overall driving experience! I felt very planted to the road and it just felt like a different driving experience overall. Even though I know I will miss my viper, I think I am ready to move onto an NSX. I posted my thoughts in the other off topic section but thought a discussion here may reach more people.

What should one expect to pay around for a clean NA2 NSX CTSC with around 20-40k miles? I know a lot of factors play here, but just want to get some ideas on what you all think. I am searching here, ebay, autotrader, and craigslist daily to get a feel for the market.
We have a 96 coupe GTS. Trust me... the Viper feels like dog compared to a supercharged NSX.

523595_10150987489846588_1076256989_n.jpg

Last edited:
I did the same thing you did, test drove a supercharged NsX. After that drive, SC NsX is all I wanted and that's what I got. You can save a lot by buying one with a CTSC already installed but like the others said, make sure it was done properly and engine is still solid. I have no regrets, my NSX feels like a beast.

If you are that enthusiastic about a supercharged one you may want to take out a turbo car for a spin. IMO the turbo cars are totally different, but you should experience one to make an educated decision. It sounds like you like power and a supercharged car is limited to the power it can make. Power is addictive and you will want more than a supercharger can give you.:biggrin:JMO
Make it a great day

Last edited:
If you are that enthusiastic about a supercharged one you may want to take out a turbo car for a spin. IMO the turbo cars are totally different, but you should experience one to make an educated decision. It sounds like you like power and a supercharged car is limited to the power it can make. Power is addictive and you will want more than a supercharger can give you.:biggrin:JMO
Make it a great day
^^ Good point. Try both.

I've tried a single turbo. A twin turbo too. Still prefer the CT Supercharger for all driving conditions but you should definitely try as many as you can.

I have a '97 turbo'd GTS and a totally stock '91 NSX. If I had to make a decision on which to keep if I only could have one, I'd pick the NSX even though it has nowhere near the torque and hp as the Viper. The NSX is such an amazing piece of machinery all around. I enjoy driving it more than any other vehicle I've driven.

I was a big turbo guy, but now I am thinking CTSC is the only way to go if you want to keep your car out of the shop.

I was a big turbo guy, but now I am thinking CTSC is the only way to go if you want to keep your car out of the shop.
I agree 100%. You should be able to pick up a clean Na2 with a blower for 50-60K. Most of the time you save a lot if its already on the car but like mentioned get a compression/leak down test done

45-50K is what I came up with also for a CTSC NA2.
You are ahead of the curve already, a lot of guys say "what is wrong with 270/300 hp?"
You already know.
:biggrin:

For a SC NSX I prefer the 3.0 with a 5 speed for the following reasons:

1. 3.0 has OEM steel sleeves in the combustion chamber unlike that silly "fiber-reinforced" aluminum walls in the 3.2
2. 3.0 combustion heads seems to be optimized for FI applications
3. 5 speed tranny is stronger than a 6 speed tranny

The one I test drove has not had timing belt or water pump done. That is around $2500-3k correct? Also, the fact that it's Monaco blue raise value since only 44 were made? Mileage is at 41k. It concerns me that belt and water pump have not been done. I know it says 72 months...opinions please?

Last edited:
The one I test drove has not had timing belt or water pump done. That is around $2500-3k correct? Also, the fact that it's Monaco blue raise value since only 44 were made? Mileage is at 41k. It concerns me that belt and water pump have not been done. I know it says 72 months...opinions please?

I don't think Monaco blue makes it more valuable. It is not a highly saught after color IMO. Get the timing belt and water pump done ASAP. I think it is every 9 years for na2.

I don't think Monaco blue makes it more valuable. It is not a highly saught after color IMO. Get the timing belt and water pump done ASAP. I think it is every 9 years for na2.

I will definitely get it done if I purchase it. I am trying to find a fair price point to get it at since it does need the service. Hopefully it all works out so i can finally get into one of my dream cars! Thanks for your help!

Can anyone run this VIN for me? JH4NA2161YT000048

Last edited:
If the timing belt and water pump are due, I would negotiate that down. If they are not, I would say 50-60k sounds fair.

Get the leak down and compression test.

The timing belt is still probably fine, but the water pump might be shot. I would look at replacing the fuel pump also with the walbro.

Last edited:
If the timing belt and water pump are due, I would negotiate that down. If they are not, I would say 50-60k sounds fair.

Get the leak down and compression test.

The timing belt is still probably fine, but the water pump might be shot. I would look at replacing the fuel pump also with the walbro.

is it really necessary to get both a leak down and compression test? I am having Shane at Autowave inspect the car and he told me a proper leak down test is all you really need.

is it really necessary to get both a leak down and compression test? I am having Shane at Autowave inspect the car and he told me a proper leak down test is all you really need.

Shane would know better than me. I think the leakdown would be fine.

Can anyone run this VIN for me? JH4NA2161YT000048

adding this here for everyone in the event this is not a car you end up with

Report Run Date 2013-12-13 13:58:22.218 EST
Vehicle: 2000 Acura NSX (JH4NA2161YT000048)
[TABLE="class: report listing"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH]Event date[/TH]
[TH]Location[/TH]
[TH]Odometer reading[/TH]
[TH] Data Source[/TH]
[TH]Details[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] 01/17/2001 [/TD]
[TD] FL [/TD]
[TD] 122