Tein coil over suspension

The Tein coilovers (the coil spring comes with the shock. Coil-Over) are height-adjustable. The spring rides on a perch that is attached to the shock.

The TEIN RA manual states that the normal drop height is 30mm front, 40mm for the rear. I am running mine at near stock height to clear my garage entrance.

The manual can be had from www.tein.com, if you want to know more yourself.

...haven't been to this forums in long time:

Anyway, I am not 100 % sure...but you should be able to get EDFC with your TEIN and control the ride height inside your car....and select the one that best suites your environment

Unfortunately the EDFC control units are too large for both the front and rear dampers.

Cheers,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

I am contemplating to buy the TEIN suspension as well (that is, somewhere next year). Since I don't have any experience with the TEIN, could anyone inform me of their experiences with them. Are they worth the expense ? I'm would use them both on the street as well as the track.
And could someone tell me the difference (actual and/or feel) between the TEIN RE and RA.

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
Unfortunately the EDFC control units are too large for both the front and rear dampers.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Cris, the TEIN flex unit wont work on our cars? darn been waiting for the teins adjustable from inside the car.is this the same unit that uses EDFC?
David

Type FLEX is a name of one of the suspension lines (like Type-RA) from TEIN. The EDFC will not fit the NSX since the servo motors are too large.

The EDFC was designed for cars like coupes and sedans that have shock towers buried under interior panels, etc etc. I think the NSX is the easist to adjust, so there's not too much of a let-down in my mind.

-- Chris

Originally posted by BadCarma:

Cheers,
-- Chris

Cris, the TEIN flex unit wont work on our cars? darn been waiting for the teins adjustable from inside the car.is this the same unit that uses EDFC?
David

------------------

It sounds like the EDFC can control the height of the car according to one of the above posts. I thought the servo motor simply turned the damper adjuster on the top which controls hard/soft ride ...? Anyone know the answer ??

edfc only controls rebound and maybe compression but not height.

Thanks for the input guys. Here's a couple more questions: If I do lower the car, wil I be able to get the camber and toe to factory spec? And if not, will this adversely affect the handling? I primarily want the suspension to improve the handling of the car, and making it look better is a secondary thought. By the way, this car is mainly for the street, but I also want to take it to the track.

sb

Correct, the EDFC only rotates the top adjustment dial (which on the TEIN dampers controls both bump and rebound).

It depends on how much you modify the suspension geometry by lowering the car. An inch and a half has worked well for keeping good suspension travel and suspension settings that work well on the track and street.

-- Chris

------------------

It depends on how much you modify the suspension geometry by lowering the car. An inch and a half has worked well for keeping good suspension travel and suspension settings that work well on the track and street.

-- Chris

Well, when I buy the suspension from you (after the winter) will you let me know the settings which have worked for you? I'll then have the person doing the installation use those settings. Thanks...your site rocks by the way. Soo much good stuff there, I want to get it all!

At 1.5 inch drop you will not be able to match factory spec on rear camber, and possibly not on front. However, the additional negative will improve cornering not hurt it, but at the expense of less even tire wear when driven mostly on the street.

At that much drop you also start to compromise front suspension geometry with the A-arms too close to level at rest (rather than drooping more). This can result in a degree of bump-steer which feels like the steering wheel jerking at your arms when you hit bumps under cornering loads. That can be annoying, but manageable.

Appearances aside, I have come to believe that a drop of about 1 inch may prove the best overall for performance, then dial up the negative camber if desired. The extra 1/2 inch down will not lower CG enough to matter and you can keep the suspension geometry in the “sweet spot” where it works best. (Assuming that the drop is compensated for by less suspension travel and roll under cornering.)

The nice thing about the Teins is when you take your car for an alighnment and if it is to low you can use the spaner wrenchs to adjust the ride hight on the spot.

Back