Teenager's response to my NSX

"LBBP stops them cold every time"

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Attachments

• 5-23-2009_ESTFest_4.jpg
    5-23-2009_ESTFest_4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 45
...I hardly drive the car anymore and I was thinking of maybe selling it and getting a Honda Element. I know that's a weird jump but I got 2 kids now and I like to go bicycling.

I thought you might be interested in this thread in the Vintage Owners (over 40 year-old people) Forum on S2ki.com. It's about the Honda Element.
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=716117

After Kid's Day at Watkin's Glen this past week (attended by a good number of NSXCA members), my wife and I went on to visit Niagara Falls. In the Niagara Falls parking lot, I saw a teenager standing next to my NSX. He loudly declared in disbelief - "this is an Acura??" His father asked him what he thought it was, and he said "a Ferrari".

Say what you want about an uneducated teenager and a remote area in upper NY state, but in my opinion this gets to the heart of why Acura discontinued the NSX. They simply never marketed it properly to let the world know what it is/was. Sure, enthusiasts know about it. But even people who don't own a car know what a Ferrari is. Most "ordinary" people never even heard of an NSX.

At the Acura-sponsored NSX Corral at the 2007 American LeMans series in Lime Rock, race fans were drooling over the NSXs and ignoring the adjacent Porsche Corral. Yet Acura didn't use that to their advantage.

And soon Honda will be dropping the S2000. I don't understand how Honda/Acura can make great cars such as the NSX and the S2000, successfully race in ALMS, Formula 1 and Indy, and yet not market that to their full advantage to get their due recognition.

What am I missing?

(I've owned my NSX for nearly 10 years, and it still feels great when someone sees it and declares - "Wow, what is that? Its gorgeous." But again, that means Acura has done a poor marketing job.)

I couldn't agree more.

Kyra: Glad you had a great trip! I have a few colorado/colorado springs pix with the nsx and s2k as I was living there when I first bought my nsx and also had a suzuka blue/blue s2k :)

Kyras: Glad you had a great trip! I have a few colorado/colorado springs pix with the nsx and s2k as I was living there when I first bought my nsx and also had a suzuka blue/blue s2k :)

^Nice. :smile: ...We should start a thread with CO photos of NSX (& S2000s). I would like to buy a place in Colorado. I don't know where but I do want Aspens around. :confused: Know any good real estate agents?

Oops. :redface: Back to comments on the NSX...

The look on their face is priceless when I tell them it's 18 years old.:eek:

LOL

yeah I get that all the time. they say things like "I cant belive cars looked like this almost 20 years ago". I also get the "Is this the new Acura that just came out?".

I love my NSX's because no matter were I go people always like it. When I go to the local cars show were its all American cars they always come over and look at my NSX. I remmber some guys saying if all cars form Japan looked like this I would get one. You dont get that reactin with a Supra or a 350z or for that matter the new skyline.

I thought you might be interested in this thread in the Vintage Owners (over 40 year-old people) Forum on S2ki.com. It's about the Honda Element.

I sold Hondas for 10 months back in late 2004 through early 2005 selling about a dozen of them and not one to anyone under than 40. Our training videos show teenagers coming in the dealer with their parents as prospective customers. It's not the kids that like the Element but the older folk. Same deal with the VW New Beetle. I have yet to see a kid driving one. Always older folk. These are two vehicles where the target market was completely wrong.

Back