Tarox brakes?

Hello? Any long term report? Is it a fade-free bullet proof kit or is it a waste of money? Is it a lot better than the stock brakes?

Anyone?

Henry.
:confused:

A good friend of mine put a set on his '94 and they looked incredible. A BIG step up from stock as well as a step up from the Brembo "Lotus" caliper BBK. He was very happy with the brakes. Alas, they went to Hawaii with his car when he sold it. Dali Racing is the vendor he used to purchase them.

nsxhk said:
Whatever happened to the Tarox brake system? Nobody talks about them any more.

Henry, three Bay area trackers use the Tarox and they are on these forums. Igor (handle on Forum is like007), Don Tempelton (handle is NSXNUT) and Tim Meekins (handle tmeekins).

I think the one issue that I have heard was balancing the front/rear brake bias. You may have to play with some pad options.

HTH

Hrant said:
I think the one issue that I have heard was balancing the front/rear brake bias. You may have to play with some pad options.

HTH

I think depends on which Tarox configuration you get. I have the 10's on the front and 6's on the rear and the 6's are just a bit too strong for the rear, so I just use a weaker pad compound back there and it works much better than equal compounds. (for the record: Carbotech Panther Plus on the front, Panther (not-Plus) on the rear.)

The real scary thing is.... I'm still on my original set of Carbotechs...

Oh... I should follow-up my own message and answer your other question.

If you put the 6's on the front and stay stock on the rear, I've heard this is a nice balance and you don't need to play with pad compounds at all (and it's a cheaper option.)

On the track I've never experienced fade, but ymmv. What I have experienced is heat. These suckers are hot! It's mandatory IMO to put really good brake fluid in the car with these, and a Dali brake deflector or something similar will help a lot as well.

No, they're a different size. It comes with some Tarox pads, which are a bit suspect. Once I wore them out (doesn't take long) I got the Carbotech's, which has a Tarox size. Or at least they did when I bought them a few years back.

I’ve had Tarox 6-piston in the front and rear for a few years now. If you go with the Tarox upgrade in the rear then you’ll probably need some sort of brake biasing device. As far as pads, I’ve use the street/track pads that Dali was/is selling and they worked great for almost all the tracks I was on except for Road America where I burned through them in one weekend. I switched to Carbotech Panthers a few years ago and I think they’ll last the life of the car! At my last track event I did notice some shudder under hard braking after rotors got hot so I’m going to have to investigate the shudder a little further. In my opinion, they are more than enough brake for the NSX and have held up very well for DE events and street driving.

DanO

Thnx for your valuable opinion guys, greatly appreciated.

I'm always scared to use the oem brakes to it fullest on track beacuse of the infamous fade. So far it hasn't even faded once but you never know when it'll happen. By switching to Tarox 6 in the front and leaving the oem in the rear, I hope I can finally forget about the fading problem and go all out :)

Any of you Tarox user tried the cermaic disc with sintered pads?

Henry.

nsxhk said:
I'm always scared to use the oem brakes to it fullest on track beacuse of the infamous fade. So far it hasn't even faded once but you never know when it'll happen.
Yes, you never know when it will happen. Probably never. I tracked my NSX with the bone stock brake setup for its first six years and the brakes never faded, except when the front brake pads were getting hot for the first time, which is true with any brake setup ("green pad syndrome").

I'm not saying you can't get the brakes to fade, but it's a whole lot less likely than some people claim. Hardly "infamous"...

Back