• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

taiwan from june 3rd to august 5th

Ben said:
Ok, enough debate! ;) Here's a treat for all you guys! :D

I dug these videos up, because I knew I had them stashed away somewhere.

Video 1 - Taiwan Exotic Street Racing

Video 2 - Exotics Racing through Taipei at night

I don't know who made these videos, but if anyone knows how to contact these guys, I'd like to know and meet up with them. Would be cool to see an NSX at one of these gatherings.

2nd video is nuts. The place they did donuts is in front of Taipei City Hall, then they proceed to do a drive by of one of the popular Taipei clubs.

Holy smokes, bad ass videos, thanks for posting

Ben said:
Hmmmm, MRT doesn't go to most places, and often times, car places are in out of the way areas, or in the suburbs. Do you read/write Chinese? If so, the bus system in the Taipei metro area should get you to most places you need to go. If not, there's always cabs (in the Taipei metro area).

Sorry, since I'm a Honda/Acura enthusiast, I only went out with the Honda clubs when I was there, so I'm not much help for other clubs. There are a plethora of different clubs out there. Maybe you can do an online search for some of them?

No debating here! I'm an avid Honda/Acura fan myself. It seems like admiring four bangers on this board is frowned upon. Hopefully, one of these days, we can meet up in Taiwan and just swap contacts. I would have loved to meet the Honda clubs out there. Anyway, I'll be there in early September so if anyone else is out there at that time, let me know. I'll be staying at my partner's house in Peitou (near the train station).
Those video links are smokin by the way. I'll have some video coverage from my trip in September. I'm bringing the Teckademics crew with me to Taipei. :biggrin:

In the 1st video, that red Ford F150 Lightning has gotta be one of the most unique cars I've ever seen in Taiwan. It may very well be the only one in the country.

I know it's no big deal in the US, but in Taiwan, you rarely ever see full-size American pickups, let alone a limited production one like the Lightning.

One of my friend's boss also has one of the only Ford Expeditions in Taiwan.

In the 2nd video, the tunnel shots are the really long tunnel that goes under KeeLung Road near the Taipei City Hall area. The acoustics in that tunnel are awesome for listening to your car at wide open throttle. Even my stock Lexus exhaust sounds nice there. :) I can't imagine what a Ferrari would sound like in there! :eek:

The commentary is sort of funny too.... "Some 'fog' just suddenly appeared in front of City Hall....." :D

Ben said:
In the 2nd video, the tunnel shots are the really long tunnel that goes under KeeLung Road near the Taipei City Hall area. The acoustics in that tunnel are awesome for listening to your car at wide open throttle. Even my stock Lexus exhaust sounds nice there. :) I can't imagine what a Ferrari would sound like in there! :eek:
I've heard stories that the tunnel was haunted.
You've just given me an idea on where to shoot footage for the Teckademics DVD. You may not have to imagine any longer. :biggrin:

this thread definitely went further than any of the other forums i posted this on haha....

typerturbo said:
I've heard stories that the tunnel was haunted.
You've just given me an idea on where to shoot footage for the Teckademics DVD. You may not have to imagine any longer. :biggrin:

You know, I can't remember where, but I've heard that the tunnel was haunted too. Then again, if you stay in Taiwan long enough, and talk to enough people, it seems that almost every other place/building is "haunted" in some way, so whenever you hear such a story, just take it with a grain of salt. :tongue:

Looking forward to hearing a Ferrari WOT through the tunnel. :)

i must be the most completely lost person ever...i can't seem to find any Taipei based car clubs...ARGH

Could you find out more about D2 Coilovers for NSX while you are in Taiwan?

Price and availability? I would imagine cost in Taiwan probably around $400~$600

Looks like very high quality stuff at reasonable price.

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/D2-H19

Racing Sport
FuBu Auto Parts Co.,Ltd
Office address : No.10, Lane 623, Wenhsin S. Rd. Taichung 402 Taiwan R.O.C
Tel : 886-4-22601166 Fax : 886-4-22601177 e-mail : [email protected]
http : //www.d2racing.com.tw

From D2 Taiwan:
>We truly welcome customers to become our general distributors in any >regions. We also provide OEM service for customers. D2 products have >longer warranty and better quality than others on the market. Our prices >range are around USD295-USD480.

Last edited:
Hey, I don't know what you guys are talking about how there's no performance cars in Taiwan. I just got in last night and I've already seen a 911 Turbo and 911 GT3. That's also not counting the 911 Carrera and NSX I saw last time I was here.

We've established that if you have US$130,000 or more to spend on a car, sure you can buy a used Porsche Turbo or GT3 (assuming you can find one for sale).

That said....sure, go and try to buy an NSX. Or, go and try to buy any kind of interesting performance car with manual transmission for US$50,000 or under. You might find a WRX or a beat to heck 1995 M3, but more likely, you'll be back in 2 months saying "You were right". ;)

Last edited:
jerchi said:
By the way, does anybody know where I can get car parts in Taiwan in general? I'm in Taichung right now and don't have a Superautobac near me. A website would be nice.

Autobacs:
http://www.autobacs-tw.com.tw
Looks like the nearest one is in Hsinchu, about 1 hours drive away from you.

Yellow Hat:
http://www.yellowhat.com.tw
Looks like there is one a few km north of Taichung

車麗屋:
http://www.car1.com.tw
Looks like there is one in Taichung

Those are the 3 biggest that I can think of off the top of my head. There are many more scattered around though.

Back