Taitec NSX-R Hood

Here's a shot of my '04 with a modified CF Taitec NSX-R style hood. We've got a slight adjustment to do to the front driver's side; the underside of the hood is hitting the headlight housing and keeping the hood from sitting completely flush. We're taking care of that Tuesday night (grinder, spot-touch up). Color match is damn near perfect - the painter said the tri-coat color was a bitch to match. I've got one more sliver of black to do on the roof (the top of the windshield frame) and then it's set.

Ryan

withhood.jpg

Ryan

Beautiful work. That looks awesome!!!! I think you have a honda obsession from the looks of your stable.

-Mike

Mikey Rudamann said:
Ryan

Beautiful work. That looks awesome!!!! I think you have a honda obsession from the looks of your stable.

He is also has a obsession with modding those honda's:D

Looks absolutely beautiful. By far, my favorite color. Much props.

Re: nsx-r hood

Frank Spano said:
Ryan, glad the hood worked out for you. It looks great on the car.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Frank....did you do the conversion on your NSX yet?

Re: nsx-r hood

Frank Spano said:
Ryan, glad the hood worked out for you. It looks great on the car.

Thanks - I really appreciate the help with getting it here so quick. It makes the car, IMHO...

Ryan

Comptech CAI + exhaust, NSX-R boot/knob/bracing, billet pedals and (this week) a set of Volk SF Challenges. We're debating right now between the NSX-R and NSX-S suspension.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
Comptech CAI + exhaust, NSX-R boot/knob/bracing, billet pedals and (this week) a set of Volk SF Challenges.
Oh wow!!! That is gonna look so good!!! :eek: It already looks sweet as it is. When those wheels are put on it, that'll be t*ts!!! :D

What size setup? 17/18? 18/19? Other?

-Randy

18/19, but I'm keeping the stock wheels for any track days I want to attend. The roads are nice enough around here that you can get away running the combo.

The combo's written down at the shop - 225/35/18 275/30/1 S-03s.

Ryan

2003 type-r conversion

ZanardiO, the conversion is almost complete. The car is fully painted. Made some changes on the hood thats why this conversion took so long, I started off with a taitec hood, which Ryan purchased from me, then to a backyard special which I returned, next to a real jdm type-r hood. I should have pics of the car this week. The exterior is close to being done. The interior is the next. My door panels and behind the seat panels are going to Valance usa in virginia to be compltely done in carbon fiber. So I will be selling my door panels and panels behind the seats in two weeks if anyone is interested. I will post pics this week on following weeks until car is completely converetd to a 2003 nsxr.

Thanks, Frank

Re: 2003 type-r conversion

Frank Spano said:
ZanardiO, the conversion is almost complete. The car is fully painted. Made some changes on the hood thats why this conversion took so long, I started off with a taitec hood, which Ryan purchased from me, then to a backyard special which I returned, next to a real jdm type-r hood.

Thanks, Frank
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WOW! Frank you the MAN !! Now that is Bad!!!!JDM part :eek: ...may I ask how much is the hood cost you.? and did you have the JDM seats too? I can't wait for pics...please post pics ASAP!!!
-Aaron

Aaron, the hood was $7,200 shipped. I was going to buy the jdm type-r seats but I was told that they were tight. I bought the bride zeta-2 seats which are the carbon/kevlar seats. The brides seats have the same design in the back carbon/kevlar that the real type-r seats have. My fabric guy is trying to locate the same material that recaro used on the real type-r seats. I will post pics as soon as my body shop guys start sending me pics.

Thanks, Frank

Back