Taitec JGTC Parallel Exhuast rubbing w/ the top of exhaust heatshield?

Notice when i install the JGTC Parallel Exhuast, the muffler cans sat high and was actually rubbing against the exhaust heatshield above (under the trunk), is this normal? I really don't see any other way around this, I have been driving it this way but have not notice weird sounds....

Thanks

About 2 days ago after I put on the Taitec exhaust, I notice the same problem, but the weird thing is that it doesn't make any noise as if they were hitting on each other. (Another reason maybe because the exhaust is too loud for me to hear anything.) I did pull on the hanger to adjust the height of the exhaust. I lowered for about .5 inch and they were separated.
btw is your O2 sensor pretty close to the exhaust too? Mine was, I was bit worry about that. At the end I used a zip tie to get the O2 sensor as far away from the exhaust as I can (without ripping it)

I had a problem with the exhaust so I had a muffler guy CUT the stainless steel curved adapter pipe from the horizontal catalytic converter to the exhaust. He welded a sleeve over the severed pipe and that solved the clearance problem. It was too tight because the connetor pipe was too short.

Danny Yee.

THonda said:
I resolved this issue by using a rubber mallet and tapped the headshield where it was rubbing "up" a bit. Problem solved :)

same thing I did on mine, worked great!

THonda said:
Notice when i install the JGTC Parallel Exhuast, the muffler cans sat high and was actually rubbing against the exhaust heatshield above (under the trunk), is this normal? I really don't see any other way around this, I have been driving it this way but have not notice weird sounds....

Thanks

I had this problem....until the friends I had installing it for me said, "Hey, Mitch!! Look over there," and while I was looking away they promptly took a large pry bar and bent the heat shield so it would not rub. Gotta love friends. :D ;)

Back