• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GTLW with test pipes

Hi all,

Im thinking about ordering the taitec gtlw with the SOS test pipes. Does anyone here have this exhaust or had it? I was wondering if you guys can give me some feedbacks on the this exhaust before I actually get it. I youtube the exhaust but the modification was unclear and they all sound different lol. Thanks for helping you guys

Kevin D

Its already loud with stock oem cats.....I have this exhaust and its great, but it attracts a lot more attention than my gruppe m ver 1.

If you get test pipes it may be too loud......if you don't care about getting popped by cops then go for it.

I had the exhaust and I concur that the exhaust is already loud with cats. No need to run test pipes w/ this exhaust...not worth the risk of getting caught and destroying the environment. I sold it as it was too loud for my tastes now...maybe I am getting old :-o

Jeff

Hey Kevin,

I don't know why some say this exhaust is to loud....IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!!! I get compliments all the time on the sound of my exhaust. I have Comptech headers and OEM cats. I was told if you put test pipes....that it would be to loud. I did hear a car at Autowave pull out of the stall that had the same set up as mine with test pipes....in fact....that was the car that inspired me to get the same set up....I believe it was Ryneen's NSX. As he left....it didn't sound to loud to me. I have pulled up at stop lights and on the freeways along side of patrol cars and CHP and have not been pulled over yet....and even kept the rev at 3800 to 4000....thats when it sounds its best. I have had the system for 2 yrs now. Do it....you won't be disappointed. If you'd like....I can meet you somewhere in Garden Grove to let you hear mine. There's a great Sushi place....Tokyo Love....I could meet you there. Let me know.

Tony

Thanks for the feedbacks guys! I think i will try it without test pipes first and go from there. Hopefully i will be like tony who ran on the exhaust for 2 years without COPS issues. lol. once again thanks Jeff, Edidynsx, and Tony.

Hey Kevin,

I don't know why some say this exhaust is to loud....IT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!!! I get compliments all the time on the sound of my exhaust. I have Comptech headers and OEM cats. I was told if you put test pipes....that it would be to loud. I did hear a car at Autowave pull out of the stall that had the same set up as mine with test pipes....in fact....that was the car that inspired me to get the same set up....I believe it was Ryneen's NSX. As he left....it didn't sound to loud to me. I have pulled up at stop lights and on the freeways along side of patrol cars and CHP and have not been pulled over yet....and even kept the rev at 3800 to 4000....thats when it sounds its best. I have had the system for 2 yrs now. Do it....you won't be disappointed. If you'd like....I can meet you somewhere in Garden Grove to let you hear mine. There's a great Sushi place....Tokyo Love....I could meet you there. Let me know.

Tony

Tony,

yea maybe we can have a mini meet with local OC nsx this weekend or so. I have another buddy that has an nsx and his name is Aaron aka c30vtec. So maybe we can do a mini meet. Jeff and edidynsx, are you guys interested too? or are you guys too far away from Garden Grove..

Tony,

yea maybe we can have a mini meet with local OC nsx this weekend or so. I have another buddy that has an nsx and his name is Aaron aka c30vtec. So maybe we can do a mini meet. Jeff and edidynsx, are you guys interested too? or are you guys too far away from Garden Grove..

Hey Kevin,

You just let me know when....and I'll be there. I live in Corona and work in Lake Forest. I think I'm going to go with test pipes as well. Would like to run 100 octane once and a while to keep the valves clean.

Tony

Heres a clip to give you an idea of the sound inside the car. This is with GT-One headers and Taitec w/ TP's. It is very loud
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/NSX-vs-06-SUZUKI-KATANA_194188.htm

Heres one at WOT. Remember my SRT-10 was not quiet by no means and you can't even hear it due to the NSX.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/NSX-vs-VIPER-TRUCK-SRT10_194890.htm

OKOK, I found this one. prolly the best for what you are looking for. Filmed from inside a truck. Think the window may have been down about an 1/8th of an inch, can't remember now. RPM's were very low on the X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd3P2h9YA7E

Last edited:
I am running this exhaust with high flow cats. This exhaust is fairly loud and rattles my ear drums around 3500-3600 rpm. Personally, I am thinking about going to something more quite--I might be getting old too. I haven't had issues with police yet, but I don't drive like a maniac either.

Hey Kevin,

Tony

Its because it is loud......I didn't say it doesn't sound awesome, but you are fooling yourself if you don't think it is loud or louder than most exhausts. I have gotten stares from police just from driving by them (not speeding just cruising) and have to let off or put it in neutral. To each his own.....all I know is that my car is plenty loud when I am driving around with my set up.....its great when you are driving short distances, but I had a headache when I drove back from ALMS in 2007 from the droning.

By the way my setup is DC headers, SOS BBTB, Gruppe M intake, AIS, GTLW, and 4 year old oem cats now......sounds great, but can get you in trouble if you are not careful.

I won't be able to make this minimeet since I'll be in SD, but have fun and if you get test pipes at least you can always go back to your oem cats. Its not worth the risk to me to get a nice ticket for having no cats.....last time I checked its about $2500.00 fine for not having cats not including other fees.

Last edited:
Wow it sounds pretty awesome!! i like it. I'm not a maniac driver either (as least not on the street lol) but your car sounds nice Greg z.

Hey Kevin,

Sound clips aren't going to give you the quality of sound this exhaust has....I've heard louder. And for headaches....I've had them....but not due to the sound of my exhaust. I'm 48....so I'm not one of those young tuners out there wanting to be heard before seen. And with the windows up I can hear my OEM system just fine. This doesn't have to be a minimeet. I just like the Sushi at Tokyo Love. I will do a drive by and then give you a ride so you can hear it from the inside as well....shouldn't take more than 15mins. That's if you haven't done this already. Let me know.

Tony

+1 on the getting old part.

I have the JGTC parallel and its a little too loud for my taste. I am pretty sure the GTLW is louder than that. My ears are ringing just thinking about it.:redface:

I'm running GTLW, taitec Test pipes, and contrell headers. Must i say its very loud but i love it. Just carry a box of ear plugs and Tylenol for any long drive..lol and u should be ok...:biggrin:

Tony,

maybe if you work in lakeforest, we might be able to meet for lunch in irvine on friday. That way, you dont have to drive all the way down here from Corona. I work in Newport Beach next to Ten sushi restaurant. If you want to meet me here for lunch Friday, im ok with that.

Tony,

maybe if you work in lakeforest, we might be able to meet for lunch in irvine on friday. That way, you dont have to drive all the way down here from Corona. I work in Newport Beach next to Ten sushi restaurant. If you want to meet me here for lunch Friday, im ok with that.

Kevin,

I only get an hour for lunch...which sucks. How about after work?

Sushi yummmmmm......have fun guys.

Woww this week im ill be working til 730pm to 830 pm so afterwork will not work well for you. But im going to try to set something up and we can meet up. Anyone else in this thread up for sushi either in hungtinton beach fountain valley or gardengrove? Yummmy lol

I love my GTLW exhaust. I'm running with CC headers and stock cats. I personally think it's pretty quite overall. I've had MUCH louder exhausts on my past cars. Once I did set off a car alarm as I passed a parked car on the street. I never get hassled by the cops down here in SD. Great exhaust IMO.

I've gotta say that I love mine as well. It is certainly not a quiet exhaust but the droning doesn't bother me. I don't drive my car on a daily basis anyway, so when I do take it out, I like the full experience. :biggrin:

However, I'm about to need to get my car smogged and am a little concerned about whether it will pass or not. I've got DC headers as well. Anyone have any problems with theirs? I'd hate to have to switch back to stock exhaust to pass. :rolleyes:

I've gotta say that I love mine as well. It is certainly not a quiet exhaust but the droning doesn't bother me. I don't drive my car on a daily basis anyway, so when I do take it out, I like the full experience. :biggrin:

However, I'm about to need to get my car smogged and am a little concerned about whether it will pass or not. I've got DC headers as well. Anyone have any problems with theirs? I'd hate to have to switch back to stock exhaust to pass. :rolleyes:

No problems with mine....past two so far. I have Comptech Headers and OEM cats.

Last edited:

Hey Vince, an exhaust is not going to effect your ability to pass smog. The CATs will. If the CATs are bad or missing, you will fail but it will have nothing to do with what exhaust you have.

Back