• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec GTLW or GT102? Which one to get?

this one is slightly quieter than the sorcery one

supermorimori-img480x314-1089202672titanmuf1.jpg

supermorimori-img600x451-1089202696mahura-2.jpg

I have the GT002 in standard version (no burnt tips) on my '98 (stock manifold/cats) and would say it is 1 stage louder than standard muffler but a lot less loud than the GTLW.
I feel the GT002 to be a perfect muffler if your NSX is a daily driver: hardly noticable when cruising but a nice decent roar when pushing it:wink: .
However, as my NSX is my funcar:biggrin: , I do want a bit more sound and so a GT-006 LW is on it's way from Japan, do hope it won't be TOO loud in the long run:redface:

Yesterday I changed from the GT002 to GT-006 LW and WOW, now it has the sound that really fits with the car without beeing too exessively loud:D
Will have to see how it will be on a long drive (for a daily driver I think it might be a little too loud), but at the moment I am very happy with it.
I do feel there is a noticable difference in sound depending on what manifolds etc are used/ difference between the 3.0L and 3.2 L engines.
My 3.2L stock headers/cats/GTLW is less loud than a friend's 3.0L aftermarket headers/cats/GTLW

Last edited:
I have the GTLW. Chris NSX has the GT102 his is a bit louder then my exhaust.

Bryan

I have Taitec JGTC Parallel, I think it has a more aggressive deeper pitch and loader than the GTLW. The GTLW is amost half the weigth of the Parallel. Both are great exhausts.

I have not herd the GT102, but PM RJP he could point you in the right direction.

I recently had the GT-102 installed and had the GTLW on my previous NSX, personally I like the GT-102 better it is a more mellow tone with no droning, yet sporty. If you perfer a sharper note the GTLW can't be beat but does tend to drone at certian rpm.

I Just added the GTLW to my car and I love the sound. Its not to loud at all if you feather the pedal you can work the pitch anyway you wont. It makes the car come alive just as I had always wonted it to be from day one. Best part is my girlfriend likes it as much as I do, her words (sounds great). And this weekend we where in it for 2+ hours and she still loves it.
If you are a driver you will love the weight savings, the rear just seems a little less loose. I went from 46pds to a GTLW at 16pds. Thats big.

Let me clarify, GT-ONE, but not sure what the difference in different versions. Version 5 is a bit out of my price range but I'm very intrested in one nonetheless. Whats the diff. in each version? Thanks.

Back