• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TAITEC Exhaust Silencers (TAITEC GT Lightweight & JGTC Parallel)

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/TAITEC/quiet_tip/

Help us get rid of the big stack we have of these!

These simple silencers fit into the exhaust tips to reduce sound output by about 50%. These only fit in the TAITEC GT Lightweight and TAITEC JGTC Parallel exhaust. These do not fit into the center-exit design.

$29.00 for the set

- or -

If you place an order for any item or items on our website that is $50.00 or higher, we'll throw in a set for free on your request! Shipping, if extra is not included (although we can package them in the same box in most cases).

Limit one free set per customer, please.

thanks,
-- Chris

quiettip_450.jpg

Any chance you'd throw a set in with my TT GTLW order? Not sure if the wife will approve of the aftermarket sound :)

Your link says 20% noise reduction? Does anyone know if these alter (reduce) the power gains from the exhaust? I'm pretty happy with mine but for a longish trip these might come in handy ;)

orbusrex said:
Any chance you'd throw a set in with my TT GTLW order? Not sure if the wife will approve of the aftermarket sound :)

Mine as well???

hi guys --

All the GT LTW / JGTC Parallel exhausts include the silencers automatically starting around 3/1/06. So, your new units will include them. Please call us if you would like to place an order otherwise.

AK -- Sorry, these are no longer made. I will check today to see if we have any extra sets lying around and will send you an e-mail if we do.

Cheers,
-- Chris

unlemming said:
Your link says 20% noise reduction? Does anyone know if these alter (reduce) the power gains from the exhaust? I'm pretty happy with mine but for a longish trip these might come in handy ;)
Yes, it will reduce the power gain, still gain more than stock though. Here is dyno graph my NSX exactly 1 year ago. Stock, with silencer, without silencer.

20% reduction in noise is a conservative estimate, more like 40%~50%, seriously quiet

11309Jason-nsx-dyno1-med.jpg

ak said:
Hi Chris. Do you guys carry silencers for JGTC center exit?

Please note that I found one set left in our stock. These are $49.80 for the pair including shipping from Japan.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back