T-Minus 2 years

I know its a long shot, and I bumped that figure up to 15-20K, but Im still hoping to come across one over the next two years.

If not, oh well... I'll just bump up my price range I guess. I know I would enjoy finding a resto project so much more than just buying one

I would listen to JD Cross ...maintenance records are king. You want to find a car with the best maintenance history that you can afford.
Like Shaun said, mileage is not really an issue ...especially if you have documented history.

I think you should wait on the right car to come along instead of buying someone elses project car.
With the NSX, chances are you will spend much more money on a fixer making it "right" than if you just wait for the right one to come along and spend a little more up front.

Regarding mods...bolt-on mods are fine as long as you keep OEM parts. For resale, a bone stock car will attract a much larger pool of buyers.
If you find a car that is missing OEM parts, then you can accumulate them over time with the marketplace here.

Regarding the paint matched roof, you can just vinyl wrap the roof so it can be removed later.

Good Luck on your Search!

Back