Sycone Sold! NOW what is the safest form of payment?

Sold my Syclone to a guy a couple of states away. He's coming this weekend to pick it up and wants to know what form of payment I want. What is the safest form? I've been hearing a lot about scams involving cashiers checks so I've ruled that out. A wire transfer won't work because the transaction will take place on Sat. and my credit union is closed on that day. I hate to ask for cash , thats a lot for anybody to carry around. Plus I understand that a large cash withdrawal or deposite will catch the eye of the IRS and could lead to an audit. Not that I have anything to hide but I don't need the grief. Any ideas?:confused:

The safest way is with a "certified check" from the bank. A money order can have a stop payment put on it, whereas a certified check is like cash in the hand.

BTW, I love the Typhoon and Syclone

Even with the horror stories about cashiers checks, I think cashier check would be the best form of payment. Money orders are good; however, from what I've seen, money order are usually limited to no more than $1000 (or maybe it was $500) per money order.

You can always call the buyer's bank (where the cashiers check came from) and verify the cashiers check.

Dr.Lane said:
The safest way is with a "certified check" from the bank. A money order can have a stop payment put on it, whereas a certified check is like cash in the hand.

BTW, I love the Typhoon and Syclone

You can put a stop payment on a certified check at my bank and I would have to think at most others. What would happen if the check was lost in the mail? Normally all you need is the carbon copy and you can get your money back if you are the remitter. There is no substitute for cash!

Do you own the title?

Call your bank they are very good at handleing this kind of stuff. This is what I did when I bought my NSX I let my bank and his bank deal with this issue. Worked out very smoothly.

Back