Sweet NSX trailer for track events

http://www.trailex.com/viewprod.cfm?id=20&mcat=92&cat_id=83

Saw one @ Road America a few weeks back, and it is everything you would need.

---able to open the doors of the car
---adjustable axle for mid engine cars
---inexpensive
---compact
---Versitle ex-creating racks for tires etc.

I have talked to several trailer owners of all makes, and most say this about various trailers....."well it pretty nice, BUT I don't like this and this, and I had to do this etc"

The owner of the Trailex trailer absolutely loved his and everything about it.

I DO NOT work for Trailex, or know anyone that does, I am simply passing on info about a sweet trailer.

Last edited:
nsx1164 said:
Is this trailer compatible with the EZ-Load (quick-load?) feature ?? MarkB ??
Manuel,

I have seen these trailers and they are quite nice; however, I would check the ramp angle. I believe you will find that, though close, the Texas Roll-Back has a more desirable loading angle (5°). If your car is lowered, you MAY have trouble getting it in a Trailex.

T Bell said:
The deck height is 18", and depending on how long the run is it should be fine. 99% of all track guys build a wood pre-ramp anyway.

Yep... TRAILEX is THE provider for track trailers. THe P-car guys seem to swear by them, and its a GREAT setup, as Tom B points out.

My inquiry re: EZ Load is based on my personal interest in something designed for us, ahem, towing girly-men :)

Another link to MarkB's Texas Roll-back trailer at http://martyhorine.mystarband.net/

More near-term I think I'll go with the "NSX tow hitch" option that JeffA and Tank have. See separate thread.

##################

Ad copy from website is kinda interesting.

Slants down to a 5 degree angle for easy loading and unloading!

Works on 12 rollers~~~~3 tracks with 4 rollers@. Tow vehicle pulls the trailer bed up or pushes it down using the rollers with electric brakes holding the axles in place.

Hottest Trailer**Roll-Back** 7 Sizes in Aluminum & 30+ sizes in Steel. Straight or Notched tail, trimmed in whatever color you want~~~depending on paint#.

Standard equipment: Electric brakes on all 4 wheels; 2 deck light to see when you are tieing down; 4 flush, swivel Stainless Steel 6,000# D-rings; Steel Rockguarded easy lift-off fenders {so you don't have to crawl out windows}[no BOLTS to undo]; Quaker Kote rubberized self-healing undercoating; D.O.T. legal in all 50 state [surge brakes are illegal in some states]; Bulldog Jack and Hitch; New radial tires; All LED lights; Emergency Breakaway and Switch; reinforced for a winch; Aluminum 5 Spoke Wheels on Aluminum and Chrome Wheels on the Steel trailers, etc. Aluminum only weighs approx. 1,300 pounds for the 18', 7,000 GVW and we buy from the same source that the deck of the 18 wheelers buy from [Extruded tongue & grove Aluminum~~not the light weight diamond plated Aluminum that gets those tiny hair line cracks that turn into Big Crack down the road]. Breakaway Battery box is make of solid Stainless Steel on the Aluminum.

Options: Tool Boxes, Rock Shield, Aluminum Fenders, Tire Racks, Spare tires & mount, Xtra D-rings, Xtra deck lights, etc. for additional $$$. We are a custom house!

No Hydraulics to fail, No Tilt Beds, No Electric Motors, No more bottoming out or under carriage damage~~~all kinds of commercial uses. Low profile and tows great! *14' to 24' and 7,000 to 14,000 GVW.

e-Mail address is [email protected]

Back