Swapped OEM Headunit and it doesn't work. Security Bypass?

I purchased an NSX and the OEM headunit did not work. I purchased a used OEM one off of Ebay, plugged it in and it doesn't power up. Is it a dead unit or is there some security that I have to bypass?

no security no codes. should work. does it light up, when you tunr the headlights on? if not then its a fuse.

- - - Updated - - -

also the price of the head unit is a good sign if it works. if its 150 bucks its prob blown and they will lie to you and tell you it worked when they sold it to you.

has happend to me 2 times with NSX radios off ebay

Last edited:
Bummer to hear, but I did talk to Willman's Electronics yesterday, because my radio is on the fritz - just pulled it tonight and shipping it tomorrow morning. Hopefully he can repair it, because I was afraid if I bought a "good" used one I'd be in the same boat.

When I plugged in my old OEM headunit (the one that just makes static noise from the speakers), it lights up fine. I'll recheck the other one tomorrow by turning on the headlight. Is there a fuse inside the headunit?

I purchased the headunit for $250 from Ebay. Owner says it was in working condition when it was pulled from his NSX with 70k miles...

if you getting static in the speakers it may be the door speaker amps those go bad all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

there are 3 amps in the car. one in each door enclosure and one in the footwell sub. the foot well sub also powers the center speaker between the seats.

No sound is playing from the speaker, except for a crackling sound. If I turn up the volume to max, I heard the same thing but the crackling sound doesn't get any louder. I tried to put in a cassette to play music from my MP3 player but I also get the crackling sound. However, when I push the buttons for the NSX car phone (on the center console), a voice talks from the center speaker.

yeah the OEM analog phone that people rip out and throw away puts out audio to the center speaker only. one fo the control units for the analog phone is behind that speaker.

its def your amps in the doors. when you open them up you will see they are all blown caps an NSXPRIME member named ( Briank ) fixes these for a fee.

I would do all 3 if your gonna get them fixed. or upgrade to new double din radio and new speakers

When I plugged in my old OEM headunit (the one that just makes static noise from the speakers), it lights up fine. I'll recheck the other one tomorrow by turning on the headlight. Is there a fuse inside the headunit?

I purchased the headunit for $250 from Ebay. Owner says it was in working condition when it was pulled from his NSX with 70k miles...

Both of the head units in your possession are dead. You will need a guaranteed working head unit.

Back