Supra guy saying hello...

Hey, I just wanted to say it was nice meeting some of you during the NXPO2004 meet. I had the red supra, and enjoyed seeing of the awesome NSXs in the area. I talked to Jason with the black turbo NSX and was very impressed with how nice, mature and knowledgeable you are.

Ron C.: If you read this, thanks for offering some track time in the passenger seat your NSX, I was really looking forward to it. I really wish I could have made it to the track Monday to watch, but I couldn't call off work. Hope everyone had a safe trip and enjoyed your stay in Corning. Those that went to Keuka Lake, how did you like 17West? They JUST paved the roads and are very smooth. Before it was a pretty bumpy ride!

Can't wait to watch some videos from the track and hopefully general cruising. I had a chance to cruise around with Jason's beast and captured some video. If you want to see a NSX dusting a supra then watch this :)

[Video Removed for bandwidth reasons]

Also, some pics I took:

nsx1.jpg

nsx2.jpg

nsx3.jpg

nsx4.jpg

Take care.
Mike

Last edited:
Mike,
Thanks for stopping by. Your car is beautifully done. I tried to watch the divx video but was only able to hear the audio, which was interesting on it's own! Any chance you could post it in a different format?

Hmm.. Make sure you download the latest Divx codec from http://www.divx.com . I just encoded it w/ Dr. Divx and it may be picky like that. If you have the latest codec and it still doesn't work, then I'll see about encoding it in mpeg4 format or something. Let me know!

Mike

Hi Mike. I was the one of the guy who went to Wegmens and other places with you. Thanks to you and your friends for your hospitality and help. It's cool to know that we can just meet and have a good chat as car enthusiasts without any egos or heads bumping.(until the silly ricers showed up... :o ) Anyway, good luck with your Supra and I hope you'll hit 10's soon ;)

Akio

Wow simply awesome!
damn impressive...

Thanks for posting that video Mike. Very impressive run by Sig's car considering that you're running a damn fast car as well! Very cool!

Last edited:
Mike,
I did not get to meet you. But I saw your car around the block several times.
It is a beauty.
I envy you for living so close to a great track.
You must get many chances to see many great auto events.
Good Luck!

I still cant get it to work! I just downloaded the latest DIVX. :mad:

I did get it to work on my laptop. Man these computers SUCK. :mad:

Last edited:
Nice vid. But I'm having trouble distinguishing from dark image to darker image in the completely black background. ;) I did catch the detailed description of the driver's feelings as the NSX passed him by however.

Ponyboy said:
Nice vid. But I'm having trouble distinguishing from dark image to darker image in the completely black background. ;) I did catch the detailed description of the driver's feelings as the NSX passed him by however.

I know what you mean. I was hoping for a day time video..

Nonetheless, that thing is FAST.

ANYTIME said:
If you watch it, be prepared for the uncontrollable urges to call FactorX.
Fair warning here: Do NOT call FX, or the wrath of KGP will fall upon you. They have a repair to complete!

NetViper said:
I know what you mean. I was hoping for a day time video..

Nonetheless, that thing is FAST.

Beggers can't be choosers. The vid will have to be good enough for now. I doubt many Supra owners will want to race an FX NSX. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I may not be able to hold out for the HSC engine swap. Very tempting.

Thanks all for the comments.

Supras are always up for a good race. Losing to Jason's NSX was my first loss since I put my turbo upgrade on. I enjoyed this race more than any other one because there aren't many fast cars around. Keep in mind I was running the lowest boost I could run (16psi) when racing Jason in the video. I've dyno'd 468 to the wheels on 16psi.

If some of you are wondering about my car, the turbo really likes it when I put more than 22psi through it. My supra also has stock internals, and I've boosted up to 28psi. At 22psi of boost, I've trapped 128mph in the 1/4mile. Many supras out there are on stock internals and pushing over 600rwhp. It is a common thing to see, with several supras over the 1000rwhp mark (see http://www.t04r.com).

From what I've read, it seems that there are few turbo NSXs out there and superchargers are a more typical setup for them. Granted my car came from the factory all ready for boost, I am still impressed at how your cars perform under boost w/ a properly built motor.

I am curious... Jason was running pretty low boost as well, but if he was to turn it up and run the 700rwhp that his turbo/engine setup was capable of, how long should it last?

P.S. Sorry about the video quality. I would have loved to go cruising during the day but it seemed like everyone at the meet was so busy doing other activities that the only free time they had was at night.

Video Comment: The reaction after the first race was from the passenger actually... mainly because of the sound of two open wastegate cars accelerating down the highway. My passenger wasn't used to such a sound... And I must admit Jason's wastegate was extremely loud and my ear was ringing after the race. Racing was also limited due to law enforcement patrollin the area pretty heavily... And the sound of our cars doesn't help much :)

Mike

Hi Mike,
This is John, we meet in the back parking lot. I was the one who told you about NSXPRIME and I see you found us. Beautifull area sorry we had to leave. Have fun on the site and hope to see you in an NSX. :D

hey mike it was nice meeting you too.. I saw you on saturday night before you and jason took a cruise. Your supra was tight but maybe an nsx is next?? I was the kid with the red nsx who worked at acura... anyways tight supra :D

Hey John, thanks for telling me about this site. It's always nice to check out other "families" besides Supraforums.

Too bad more NSXs didn't go cruising! Maybe next time... ;)

I like the NSX... but I could never give up the supra :) However, I don't see why a NSX wouldn't be sitting next to the supra in a garage in 10 years!

mike

I see a great resemblance between the supra gang and the NSX gang. Very tight families... Most of the supra community is nice and willing to help out other members. It is a really great community, much like yours. The only problem with SupraForums is we get a lot of people there that don't own supras (which is cool), but many of them aren't old enough to own a car and there is a lot of "off-topic" discussion there. Also, you gotta love the smack talk between the top dawgs. I was just reading the forums, one of the "top dawgs" just layed down 1453rwhp!

Mike

mav7 said:
I see a great resemblance between the supra gang and the NSX gang. Very tight families... Most of the supra community is nice and willing to help out other members. It is a really great community, much like yours. The only problem with SupraForums is we get a lot of people there that don't own supras (which is cool), but many of them aren't old enough to own a car and there is a lot of "off-topic" discussion there.
Mike

Sounds like you're still getting blowoff from the fast&furious crowd.
We get the occasional troll here, but on a Supra Forum i could expect it gets alot worse, right?

Just saying hi too, I am a Supra owner and post on Supraforums.com, just letting you know I'm here. :D

Does anyone have this video?

Back