Supercharged 97 vs stock 2000 Can't decide

i would get the supercharger. can you get a supercharger under warranty?

If something goes wrong and the car is under warranty the manufacturer has to have a case that the supercharger caused the damage before they refuse warranty work. Otherwise everything should stay the same. The SC itself is not going to be warrantied by anyone other than Comptech in this case or whoever built it. My car is under Acura warranty still and I have had no problems getting anything fixed, none have been engine related. Honestly its been at the dealer just 2-3 times for small adjustments (headlights and stuff), this car doesn't break.

i would get the supercharger. can you get a supercharger under warranty?

The Comptech Supercharger kit was specifically designed so an Acura Tech could install it. It is (was) C.A.R.B. certified and did not void any Acura warrantee. The dealerships loved installing them... $$$.

As long as the SC'd car checks out well mechanically, buy it all day long over the 2000.

I adore my CTSC (autorotor) on my 02. As everyone says, it turns the car into an amazing machine. Not that it wasnt great before the charger, but its 50% better with it. Who really cares about a car with similar mileage that is 3 years newer? Fools, that's who.

Easy choice IMO.

Do yourself a favor if you are serious about the 97 CTSC and get a leakdown/compression test first. It is well worth it. It could save you a LOT of money in the long run.

how do they perform the tests and how much does it usually cost?

Well... I bought an 05 and it took so long to get to me that as I itched here, I went into the group buy for the Comptech supercharger. So before I had the car, I shelled out the cash for the CTSC. I got the car and man, I don't care what anyone says, it's fast. It may not reflect in the numbers, but it FEELS fast... and I was coming off of a Renntech-tuned Mercedes V12 and before that a monster Supra Turbo. I just loved the way the stock car was, and honestly, would have been happy. But I had bought this CTSC, and I put it on. And man what a difference. Now I just went from great car to supercar. I don't even utilize all the power in the CTSC. The biggest rush I get is the extra torque... merging on the highway I lay into it only halfway and the torque just pushes the ass end down and the car shoots forward. And then there is that mechanical whine that I really like. It's not there at all during normal driving, only when you lay into it... it's like this big guy back there saying "I got your back brother, lets go". :biggrin:

Now I have driven several NA's, and I am not sure I can ever go back. It's like choosing between a V6 NSX and a high reving V8 NSX. That's what the CTSC specificaly feels like. My car with the supercharger and a full GT-One exhaust put down an additional 113 HP on the same dyno. It transformed the car from Mr. cool and precise to Mr. get-out-of-my-way or I will kick your F'in ass. hehe

Really it's a personal decision, I am just telling you how much I love my CTSC. And for a FI system, it is probably the most reliable. There isn't much "tuning" needed for the system, it's a bolt-on unless you are going high boost with an aftermarket engine management system like the AEM. It passes smog and is 50 state legal (the only one that is).

A 1997 is very similar to a 2000. If the cars are in the same condition and all else is the same, I would lean towards the CTSC car. If you decide to sell the car, you can get a minimum of 6K for the CTSC system and you swap parts with the buyer and put the 97 back to stock. It is not a huge ordeal.

AMEN! :biggrin:

Wind noise became a problem at 110MPH. A whistle on cue every time you hit 110 and only on the passenger side, I only got it to 120 max but it persisted at those speeds. Below that speed noise level was ok. Could this be a window adjustment issue? Driver side was ok.

The wind noise from the passenger window is consistent with a window alignment. But I have yet to hear of anyone who can get it right. .

A wind noise that occurs at speeds of 110+ mph and none of the service shops can get it right. Hmmm... let me think.:biggrin:

Back