• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Supercharged 93 NSX in Calgary

Hello! I just bought a supercharged 93 NSX in Phoenix and brought it home last weekend. It's a brilliant machine and I'm looking forward to cruising around this summer. I'm the VP of the local Porsche club and will be sure to give some comparisons between my new pride and joy and the other cars in my collection. Here is the advertisement for the car:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86823

Hey, nice car!

Looks like you got a nice deal. With the dollar where it is at, you did awesome.

Thanks for increasing the number of NSXs in Canada. Now start up the Calgary chapter of the NSX Club of Canada. All of the legwork is done for you re the structure and insurance. PM Red to get going!

I saw one on Bow Trail taking the Sarcee exit going north. That wasn't you was it?

Edit: forgot to mention that it was On Monday May 28th at about 6:15 pm-ish.

Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure you'll love it.

congrats:smile: Will probably see you on the street sometime - when I ever get around to pulling my 1991 "black beauty" from the garage...lol...I did start her up the other day...lol.

Dam:cool:

I saw one on Bow Trail taking the Sarcee exit going north. That wasn't you was it?

Edit: forgot to mention that it was On Monday May 28th at about 6:15 pm-ish.

Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure you'll love it.

Thanks for all the welcomes! It doesn't look like that was me since I don't get to the north end of town very often.

I have a question for guys who imported NSX's from the US. I got my RIV letter and it says that I need the following:

infant restraint kit
French SRS label
Daytime Running Lights

I know from importing my RX7 that the restraint kit is just some bolts. However the French label was already in my RX7. Did you guys get a new one from Acura? Also, the DRL looks to be the biggest hurdle in getting the car legal here. I have read that some have installed the Euro driving lights and I am considering doing the same. However, I have a shop that says they can wire up the headlights to pop up and come on with the ignition switch for $250. Naturally I would remove the system completely after the inspection. Just wondering what you guys have done.

Thanks for all the welcomes! It doesn't look like that was me since I don't get to the north end of town very often.

I have a question for guys who imported NSX's from the US. I got my RIV letter and it says that I need the following:

infant restraint kit
French SRS label
Daytime Running Lights

I know from importing my RX7 that the restraint kit is just some bolts. However the French label was already in my RX7. Did you guys get a new one from Acura? Also, the DRL looks to be the biggest hurdle in getting the car legal here. I have read that some have installed the Euro driving lights and I am considering doing the same. However, I have a shop that says they can wire up the headlights to pop up and come on with the ignition switch for $250. Naturally I would remove the system completely after the inspection. Just wondering what you guys have done.

CT didn't check the Fench Label when I took it there, I did'nt even have one. I got passed the day time running lights by two side taping some loosely wired foglamps to the underside of the bumper then taking it off after it passed the inspection.

I don't recall the French SRS label .. but you're right about the seat anchor. As far as the DRL's are concerned, I just bought some inexpensive white driving/fog lights and installed them myself. I just spliced into one of the wires in one of the front fuse boxes so they come on whenever the ignition keyed is on. At night on the highway, I occasionally get people flashing their brights so I've been meaning to put in another relay to turn them off when the normal headlights are on but I haven't gotten around to it.

Your paper probably says that the car is a five seater. It is not so you don't have to worry about the infant restraints. Not sure about the French label, but they probably won't care that much when you go to inspection. I had my front lights wired to pop up with ignition. After the inspection, they reversed everything. Total cost: $50.

Your paper probably says that the car is a five seater. It is not so you don't have to worry about the infant restraints. Not sure about the French label, but they probably won't care that much when you go to inspection. I had my front lights wired to pop up with ignition. After the inspection, they reversed everything. Total cost: $50.

This is what I'll probably do. I got a quote from a place here and they said it would be $250. Can't be that much difference between Calgary and Edmonton. Do you know how they did it?

Congrats Solo on the car, glad to hear more are popping up in this booming city, sounds like u got a good deal and a nice car, can't wait to see it.
How does it run with the SC on it,

Maximumyield

Welome. Another Calgary car. More and more each year. I drive my quite often and track it with the Calgary Exotic group.

Tim

Back