Supercar still working great after 409K miles!!!

Dear Prime,

Just to share with all of you how great the NSX really is, there is an NSX for sale that has 409K miles on it, and still working great!! Now how many Supercar do you know that still can run after that much mileage!! If any of you are interested, the owner is asking $16K. I am in no way associated with the seller. I am on my own journey to find my NSX.

WOW! Any links to the car? I'd love to see how it held up and how long the owner has had it and how many of those miles did he put on it.

Just amazing! :smile:

I did a search on a search engine that looks at online auctions and Craigslist and came up empty.

And no, I will not tell anyone what website this is to help preserve mine and your NSX resell value. Currently, there are 338 NSX's for sale in North America. It's very depressing if you want to think of selling your NSX for any price near KBB.

Do not PM me.

Last edited:
Well, I guess that a lot of exotic cars are driving after so many miles but the difference with the NSX is that you don't need that much repairs. :) First engine?

Well, I guess that a lot of exotic cars are driving after so many miles but the difference with the NSX is that you don't need that much repairs. :) First engine?

I suspect if the person properly warmed up the engine and used a quality Synthetic like Amsoil then this is very possible.

My GMC truck 4.3 liter V6 got 285k miles on it before I sold it with a leaking head gasket from a radiator leak that overheated the engine. Up until then, engine was smooth, no fluid leaks. Engine never burned oil. I would change it every 10k miles and the level on the dipstick was the same.

Well Hugh has over 250k miles and if you looked at his car you'd never know it.

Now it's over 253k after the trip to Talladega and The Dragon 2 weeks ago. Charlotte even made the home page of us129photos.com in the "Highlights of the Week - November 9th, 2009 " section.

us129photos.com.jpg

I did a search on a search engine that looks at online auctions and Craigslist and came up empty.

Should have had Alfred help you out Batman. It took me all of 3.7 nanoseconds to find it.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1469003540.html

What's up with the Blue indicator bar in the temp gauge? Was that only found on '91 cars or is this a Canadian or European NSX? If so are we looking at miles of kilometers?

Last edited:
409K Miles!!!! Incredible. I love hearing about high-mileage Hondas. I'd also like to know the maintenance history of that NSX. I know of a '94 Accord EX 5spd with 500K miles, and the engine and tranny have never been opened.

Today my wife and I got talking to a stranger about about high-mileage Hondas. The girl we were talking to has a 2003 Civic EX with 130K miles. She thought it had a lot for the year, that was until we informed her of our 2005 TL with 132K miles!

Hugh, your car is looking great! You ever run into strangers that are in disbelief of the miles?

409K Miles!!!! Incredible. I love hearing about high-mileage Hondas. I'd also like to know the maintenance history of that NSX. I know of a '94 Accord EX 5spd with 500K miles, and the engine and tranny have never been opened.

Today my wife and I got talking to a stranger about about high-mileage Hondas. The girl we were talking to has a 2003 Civic EX with 130K miles. She thought it had a lot for the year, that was until we informed her of our 2005 TL with 132K miles!

Hugh, your car is looking great! You ever run into strangers that are in disbelief of the miles?

that's considered just breaking it in by Honda standards.

The rule of thumb (with regards to operating expense) is a Honda is = to most other Euro/American cars with 1/10 the miles.

So 132k is more like a 13k miles Euro/American car.

Sorta like how Asians look younger longer than their Euro/American counterparts.......

Last edited:
Is that car from Autowave? Looks like it from the background....

Dear Prime,

Just to share with all of you how great the NSX really is, there is an NSX for sale that has 409K miles on it, and still working great!! Now how many Supercar do you know that still can run after that much mileage!! If any of you are interested, the owner is asking $16K. I am in no way associated with the seller. I am on my own journey to find my NSX.

NSX=exotic, YES! NSX=supercar, no imo. Considering traditional criteria for a super car. I doubt many would respect that nomenclature used for the NSX. Although in our little NSX bubble we all know it is nothing less than an amazing sports car!

NSX=exotic, YES! NSX=supercar, no imo. Considering traditional criteria for a super car. I doubt many would respect that nomenclature used for the NSX. Although in our little NSX bubble we all know it is nothing less than an amazing sports car!

Claudia Schiffer, supermodel in the high 80's and 90's YES
Claudia Schiffer, supermodel NOW, NO

NSX, SUPERCAR between 1990 to 1999 = YES
NSX SUPERCAR, after 1999 when cars started to have 500hp like nothing, NO

Is the same principle, you simply CAN NOT call a NSX a supercar nowadays, but the term was used and well respected/accepted during the 90's for this car.

Like it or not, exotic yes, supercar no, AS TODAY, like or not, supercar in the 90's yes, exotic yes.

Oscar

Back