• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

suggestions for a group buy

I'm a relatively new member to Prime but I've met a few of the Bay Area members at our local meets. I'd like to thank you all for the new friendships. In return, I'd like to offer a few group buys.

So my question to you is: what part(s) would you like to see discounted? My plan is to run one group buy and after everyone gets their stuff, start a new one offering a new part and so on. The only caveat is that they can offer discounts only on everyday name brands. Koni, Bilstein, JIC, TEIN, Comptech, PIAA, Sparco, HKS, GReddy, AEM, Brembo, etc. I don't think they'll be able to get parts from vendors who specialize in the NSX. SOS, Dali, Downforce, etc. They have a *HUGE* warehouse, but because they don't move a lot of NSX stuff, they don't stock much for us. Most of the stuff they can get in a couple days, other stuff they have to order, just like any other vendor. Just depends on the part.

I've never organized or participated in a group buy, so I'm not sure about the way payment will go but I imagine it'll be something like 50% to get on the list, and then the balance once a tracking number is provided. We'd use my paypal account or if you're local we can meet and deal with cash. If you're *really* local, you can drop by my house and we can chat for a while.

Also, I understand about trusting some random dude on a message forum. But like I said, a few on this forum know me and I've sold and bought through Prime.

I can't offer to answer technical questions about the product(s). Questions such as spring rates or pipe diameters or whatever should be investigated by you before saying you want one.

Let me know what parts you all are interested in. I'll do my best to get them for you, one group buy at a time. Oh, one last thing. There will be no "minimum" for the number to get the group buy going, but I'd prefer not to do group buys of only 2 or 3 customers (unless it's for like a CTSC or something expensive).

J

EDIT: just wanted to give the reason why this isn't in the group buy forum. As I stated above, I've never done run a group buy before and I wanted to do it only for locals at first so that if there's a snag they can yell at me in person (also as stated, I'll show you where I live) instead of only through Prime, PM or e-mail.

Last edited:
J,
Thanks for soliciting ideas on this. I think it would be great if you could do it. I'm not in the immedidate need for NSX parts, but to get the conversation started on this thread, I think for NSX parts, most common would be:

1. Tires - Goodyear, Yoko, Bridgestone, Michelin
2. Exhaust - CT, Taitec
3. Header - CT, Taitec
4. Wheels - Pretty much all Japanese brands (and some forged U.S. brands)
5. Suspension - Coilovers, shocks, sways - Koni, Bilstein, JIC, TEIN
6. Brakes - rotors - PowerSlot. Kits - Brembo, AP Racing, Stoptech

Last edited:
zahntech said:
I don't mean to sound condicending, but how is it that you are in a position to "offer" group buys?:confused: ....JZ

No offense taken. I have friends in high places, that's how:biggrin:

Actually, I've never paid retail or even street price for any go-fast parts until I got the NSX and then only because they couldn't get the stuff that I wanted (Procar, SOS, etc.). I asked my contacts if they'd be willing to offer similar discounts (not as deep as mine, however) to people on this forum and they said sure. Technically, they would accept onesy-twosy orders as well, but I'm not trying to start a business or anything so I didn't want to invest the administrative time required to track various orders so I just use the term "group buy" so that I can get everyone to order the same thing at once.

This isn't a money-making venture on my part at all. I just want to help folks in a way that I can to help make their cars what they want it to be. That's all.

J

zahntech said:
well if you can get a deal on Short Gear sets and 4:23 Final drives I would be very interested.

I'm no parts guru, so I'll need more info:

manufacturer
P/N, if you know it

J

goods...

Anything NSX-R, Type_S / Zanardi NSX, or JDM related is gold...

Ex.
NSX-R:
- chassis-bars
- suspension
- sway-bar
- engine-cover
- shift-knob
- shift-boot
- rear-valance diffuser
- emblems

Type_S / Zanardi:
- sway-bar
- shift-knob
- wheels
- emblems

JDM
:
- 320kmh speedo'
- map-bag
- Honda emblems

- Nav. pod

Misc.:
- Billet aluminum coolant tank
- Oil catch-can

Interested in a CF NSX-R hood as well.

so now we actually have a group buy.

- CF NSX-R Hood

1. chopjazz
2. randomharmony
3. juejaimon
4. NMYMIRR

any idea how much?

OEM front spoiler for 91-2001 cars
OEM NavPod
OEM Type R sway bars

SoCalDude said:
OEM front spoiler for 91-2001 cars
OEM NavPod
OEM Type R sway bars
ditto
if avail pls put me down aswell for an OEM type-r front swaybar :smile:

This is my version and suggestion for a Group Buy.

I would be interested and very appreciative in all of you getting together as a "GROUP" and BUY me one of the following NSX's:

1) 2005 white with black interior
2) 2005 Silverstone with black interior
3) 2005 LBBP with black interior

Let me say right now... that you guys and gals are the best :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks,

Mike

ChopsJazz said:
Hey 02#154,
Lots of ideas have been suggested, where are you?

I've been poolside since Thursday after work, so just catching up now. It looks like the -R hood would be first on the list for most of you. I have to find out who makes them (for resale). Anybody have an idea? I took a quick look at the Seibon site but couldn't find an app for the NSX.

Understand, my parts are coming from a wholesaler, so parts from folks like Procar can't be offered through me. Think "name brands":rolleyes: when thinking of parts. (OEM is a no-go right off the bat... sorry). A good rule of thumb is that if they have an ad in an import automobile magazine that you can buy at the newsstand, they can get it.

I'll see what I can see about those hoods today.

J

02#154 said:
I've been poolside since Thursday after work, so just catching up now. It looks like the -R hood would be first on the list for most of you. I have to find out who makes them (for resale). Anybody have an idea? I took a quick look at the Seibon site but couldn't find an app for the NSX.

Understand, my parts are coming from a wholesaler, so parts from folks like Procar can't be offered through me. Think "name brands":rolleyes: when thinking of parts. (OEM is a no-go right off the bat... sorry). A good rule of thumb is that if they have an ad in an import automobile magazine that you can buy at the newsstand, they can get it.

I'll see what I can see about those hoods today.

J

Good luck with the hood but in my thorough search, it appears there some sort of industry wide shortage of carbon fiber (or so I've been told). As a result finding a new good quality carbon fiber Type R hood has been difficult to say the least. Even SOS has had a hard time finding them. In the end I had to buy it used.

I hope you can pull something off. I just may have to buy two of them seeing how hard they are to come by.

Hi!

How about an '02 conversion kit. GT-rom.net has one I think. I'm not sure what wide body kits there are that might be suitable for a group buy, but I'd be interested in a complete headlight/widebody update.

Back