Stolen NSX, Please help

I wonder what they will say if they recover the car with so signs of theft except for maybe a broken window...... by the way was the car locked or did they break a window to get in ?

What do people even do with stolen NSX's?:confused:

My gut says it will turn up somewhere, but you should report it to the police, so if it does turn up, or gets pulled over, its VIN is reported as stolen and they will know to contact you.

EDIT: According to your signature its and Automatic '97 NSX? According to the NSX Prime wiki, there are only 19 Black/Tan NSX-Ts with an Auto tranni ever made. And only 1 was made in 1997...that should narrow it down.

Yes, that is correct. Automatic and supercharged. A sweet ride....
Actually, my neighbors car had it's stereo taken, so I assume they walked into my driveway after that to snoop around, and spotted the key. I assume that led to a joyride, and hopefully I'll get lucky. It does not look like these were professionals specifically looking for this car. Otherwise, why bother with a stereo from a Dodge truck first????

Wow, I sure hope you get lucky finding your car! But dude, I hope you contacted your insurance company today and changed some things about your policies - I mean this is kind of off the chart.:eek: I can offer no help being here on the east coast but advice on how you might want to proceed from here! Seriously, man, why did you leave a valet key in the seat? That's not a regular thing now is it? Good luck to you!

car in driveway + key in seat + no theft insurance = missing vehicle and big loss to pocket book. Hope your homeowners will cover it. Sorry for your loss. I guess all of us have done things and got away with them and thought to ourselves - man that was stupid; better not ever do that again; I just dodged a major bullet. Hope it all works out.

Last friday around 8pm when I was driving to Cali from las vegas there was a black NSX on the other side of the 15 feeway that seems to fit what yours looks like. Most likely it was not but I just thought I would tell you about it. You never know.

Agreed, sure hope your car shows up soon and in decent shape.

Hopefully this will turn out okay... I suppose if the car isn't recovered and there are no other avenues to cover the loss, there is always casualty loss on this years taxes.

But I doubt most tax accountants would advise having your car stolen for tax write offs.

I do know people who have had their accountants tell them they need to spend/invest money by 12/31 or pay out taxes... the one person purchased a Cadillac Escalade a few years back. I'm no where near that tax bracket, nor do I have a business like this person did... all I could think, is it must be rough.

Anyway, that bunny trail ended off the main subject. Hopefully your car will show up soon and be okay.

Hope your homeowners will cover it.

I would be VERY shocked if his homeowners insurance would cover it considering what the facts are behind the theft. They would probably say that he was contributing to the crime by leaving it unlocked and the keys in plain sight.
You know, I just thought about something. We are all taking it for granted and ASSUMING that he has home owners insurance:eek: If he is brave enough to not carry that kind of thing on his cars he might feel comfortable enough to do the same with his house.

Back