Stock seven spoke, max tire sizes?

I'm trying to help a new owner who has recently purchased a '95. He needs to replace his tires and would like to know what the largest sizes that people have run on their cars without rubbing or other "issues". Thanks in advance!

Scott - Slightly confused by the question.. Are you looking for the biggest sizes that will fit on the OEM wheels, or the biggest sizes that will fit under the car without rubbing period.

Also by "biggest" do you just mean widest, or also largest diameter?

i'm running 225/45 and 255/40 on the stock 16/17's as well. i'm pretty sure 225 is the widest you can go in the front no matter what rims you have (without rubbing.)

Originally posted by nsxhk:
I'm running 225/45/16 and 255/40/17 on oem 7 spokes with no issues what so ever.

Which brand tires are you running?

Feedback on handling/Wear/Ride Quality?

Originally posted by Paul65K:
Which brand tires are you running?

Feedback on handling/Wear/Ride Quality?

I am using Bridgestone SO3's on the front in those sizes, and I do get some rubbing at full lock. My car is lowered about 1" (the street cruzer). Does not cause any problems, and I really do not think it rubs except in odd parking situations or when I was using her on the track. HTH. BTW, great in the rain and great wear. Now under $200 at the tire rack.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

Paul65k,

I'm running Yokohama A048 with H&R 25mm spacer at all 4 corners + Eibach with oem shocks. I have no rubbing issues with or without the spacers.

Handling is great, they stick like glue and I don't think I can go back to street tires anymore. Wear? Hmmm.... I guess it depends on how you drive and how often you drive. Ride quality is acceptable. It's a little noisier than street tires, but just a tad.

Just my 0.02

YMMV

Henry.

[This message has been edited by nsxhk (edited 24 January 2003).]

Back