Status of Updated SS Box for BBSC??

Last time I spoke to MB he was close to having new SS box available on an exchange basis. Allegedly most to all of the existing SS boxes do not hold timing retard as programmed and this can result in detonation. MB advised against track time and/or dyno time until replacement is available. Has anyone received it. Anyone know the status?

MB,

Can you PLEASE address this publicly? I think it is pretty irresponsible of you to warn your customers about hard driving until you get a replacement part going and then you go mute after missing several dates for delivery. Essentially you have many customers that can't enjoy the full performance of their cars and you don't have the decency to stand up and give a status on the new box.

If anyone out there is currently considering an FI kit, I'd definitely recommend against the BBSC until/unless Mark becomes a lot more responsible about supporting his customers.

kpond said:
MB,

Can you PLEASE address this publicly? I think it is pretty irresponsible of you to warn your customers about hard driving until you get a replacement part going and then you go mute after missing several dates for delivery. Essentially you have many customers that can't enjoy the full performance of their cars and you don't have the decency to stand up and give a status on the new box.

If anyone out there is currently considering an FI kit, I'd definitely recommend against the BBSC until/unless Mark becomes a lot more responsible about supporting his customers.

Kendall- I tried to answer this the day I saw it, and as Lud can attest, lost a 2 hour of typing responce. You can believe me or not. This is my first computer minute since.

I have this week recieved the first shipment of the new four channel box, with "extra suprise" inside. I will be recieving between 7 and 10 a week untill all are replaced.

I would like to take this oppurtunity to ask anyone who is unsure that they are on the list for a new box, to drop a note to [email protected]. Basically, I have been in close touch with about half of you on a monthly basis, as you have written or called. You know I have you on my list. If anyone out there is not sure you are on my owners list (bought the car that way, bought it used, whatever,) make sure I know who you are and that you are needing a new box.

I'm sorry Kendall, and anybody else if my behavior seemed irresponsible to anyone else. Getting custom engines, custom blower set ups, etc. ready for expo has made my already ridiculous scheule, worse.

The new box will be worth the wait-

I would reccomend against buying my SC, or any SC without the comments and experiences- not to mention a test drive of the current model being shipped- based on the opinons, or the private letters of one individual or one competing company.
Also, unlike my competitiors I do very little on the internet- my customers with issues or questions pick up the phone and get live help. I only have a web site as a point of info because people expect it and its a good information source. I guess I'm an old fashioned guy- pick up the phone and talk to the who desighned and built it. I don't think I'm irresponsible the way I jump on a plane, or get in my car and do house calls the way I do, at n/c.

That said, the website is a great place for posting info for the masses and as soon as my web guy comes home from his weekend jaunt, I will have him post this info.

Cheers, and thanx again to all my supporters. YOU SHALL BE REWARDED.

MB

MB,

Despite your thorough response, my e-mails remain unanswered and I still have no idea where I am on the list (OK, well yes, I guess I have an idea that with each posting I'm not moving any higher).

In all seriousness, I would appreciate to know when I can expect the replacement SS and the process to do the exchange. A PM is fine - what ever works best for you.

Thanks.

Back