Stage 2 Complete +gearing!!!

jjeray said:
:biggrin: I have just had Acura of Brookfield complete the installation of the Science of Speed Stage 2 kit(Cams, valve springs, ported intake manifold) along the short gear and type R final drive. Combine that with the SOS speed chip, throttle body and Taitec headers, test pipe, and exhaust and the car is absolutely amazing. Throttle response? Awesome! Torque? Awesome! Acceleration? Awesome!

Seriously it is like driving a whole new car, and the sound coming out of that car is absolutely sick! :eek:

I recommend this to anyone who is looking to seriously beef up your NSX's performance.

I did these mods except for the throttle, cams and test pipes in sequential step. But doing them all at the same time, esp. with the Type-R gears must be really fun to drive with a completly transformed ride! :)

Additions: Sorry for being not clear: I don't have the cams, throttle and test pipes. I meant I did all the other parts in sequential order.

Last edited:
Henry, sorry I was not clear...once again.

I meant to say that I don't have these mods like throttle, cams and test pipes. Mod one and three would be easy to do, but the cams are more difficult in the way I have to get my dealer doing them but he never has time as he likes to go racing more than moding cars.

White92 said:
If you plan on going the NA route with TODA, plan on spending ALOT of money just for the parts. Also plan on waiting a few more years. They still do not have all of the parts necessary to complete the engine. Last I checked with them, the cams are still not ready yet. I've been waiting 2 years for them to be done.

Well that just ruined my day. :(

goldNSX said:
I did these mods except for the throttle, cams and test pipes in sequential step. But doing them all at the same time, esp. with the Type-R gears must be really fun to drive with a completly transformed ride! :)

Additions: Sorry for being not clear: I don't have the cams, throttle and test pipes. I meant I did all the other parts in sequential order.

I did the I/H/E/TB/chip together and what a difference. Car feels much more alive. Brings it up to that next level, I think. The way the car should have come from the factory, minimum. I'm also really looking forward to the shorties and 4.235 R & P. I'd love to go to stage 3 but I'll probably just wait and do the 3.8L package at 200K miles! :biggrin:

Thanks for all the feedback from using our products.

As mentioned on another thread, I just wanted to include information to update this thread. We recently released a new "stage" program which we think best reflects a logical path to follow for power modification:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ..._products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/NA_power_stages/

The components Jason has can be found under "stage 3" here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ..._products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/NA_power_stages/

Acura of Brookfield has since placed orders for 3 complete stage 3 packages since Jason's car. If you're in the A of B area, John Vasos is very familiar with the installation of these parts.

take care,
-- Chris

Hugh said:
Well that just ruined my day. :(

Don't let it. That was last year when I posted that info. I just checked their site and they have Spec A cams up for sale. I'd double check the prices though. The parts might be nice, but are VERY pricey. I'd go the SOS route.

Back