Stage 16 Time Trial... wow.

Sig

Experienced Member
Lance is an animal. 61 seconds ahead of Jan in 2nd place... absolutely amazing.

The interesting thing about individual time trials as opposed to the other stages is that you can plainly see the different styles of riding. High-cadence small gear riding of Lance vs. Big gear lower-cadence of Jan Ulrich.

Watching him pass Ivan Basso, 2nd overall, half-way up the mountain was a site to see considering Ivan started the time trial 2 minutes ahead of Lance.

Sig said:
Watching him pass Ivan Basso, 2nd overall, half-way up the mountain was a site to see considering Ivan started the time trial 2 minutes ahead of Lance.

Very impressive, I was shock to see Lance catch him then passes him :eek:

Props to Jan Ullrich and Jose Azevedo for coming up strong on this TT.

Im a high cadence rider myself :D

Sig said:
Lance is an animal. 61 seconds ahead of Jan in 2nd place... absolutely amazing.

The interesting thing about individual time trials as opposed to the other stages is that you can plainly see the different styles of riding. High-cadence small gear riding of Lance vs. Big gear lower-cadence of Jan Ulrich.

I wasn't sure if you meant that Lance was in 2nd place, but I had to re-read it a couple of times. He is 3:48 ahead overall and not 61 seconds, but I guess you were just talking about stage 16. :)

Yeah, I could have been a bit more clear.

What I meant to say:), was that Jan Ulrich.. who finished the time trial in 2nd place was 61 seconds slower than Lance. Quite amazing for Lance to win by such a margin seeing that the 2nd and 3rd place finishers of the stage were far ahead of the majority of the field.

Glad I played hookey to watch it. To anyone that didn't watch, you should try to catch the replay on OLN. I'm sure they will be showing it tonight at some point.

I remeber he was like 9min behind several days ago. How can he make up that much time???

Back