• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stacking 2 NSXs on lift, Will they fit?

I am wanting to purchase a second NSX and get a Bendpak lift. My garage ceiling is 9'2" (110"). My 05 sits approx. 44" high. Assuming the second NSX is 44-46" tall, I would have about 20" difference (110-44-46=20). The runway of the lift is 4.5" thick leaving me approx. 15.5" left. This 15.5" would need to be split between the ceiling clearance and the clearance of the lower car and runways. I can relocate the opener and the tracks for the garage door as to not interfere. Can I make this work? Is this too tight? What concerns me is the lift has to go up about 4" to get off of the locks before it can go down. I would hate to purchase alift and find out I cannot make it work. Any advice?

Hope it works for you. I will let some math major/engineer answer that for you. I don't have any experiences with lifts but am considering a Bendpak type myself. Do you have any concerns of the NSX scraping on the ramps (assuming it is lowered?) -- would your OEM ramps work or would you need to make your own if that is the case? I don't know the angles on that so it would be something else to consider as well.

Ramps are 4.5" tall. Front lip of my NSX is 5.5" high. I do not think the ramps will be an issue. My car is sitting slightly lower than stock on Bilsteins (maybe 1").

From your measurements it should work but will require some fine tuning on the part of the installer. The lock in heights can be adjusted by a threaded rod at the top of each post. If the installer sets the manual lock at 48" you should be fine. What are the increments of locking on the lift you are looking at? 6", 8", 10" ?

I have 9' ceilings in my garage and have no problem. I've never done two NSXs but I have stacked a (taller) 1990 300zx TT.
Also, I have a deep enough garage that off-set the lift away from the garage door (to clear the door opener) and this allows me to leave a car on the lift about 4 feet off the ground and just nudge the hood of my daily driver under it.
Finally, (thinking outside the norm) many 4-pole lifts come with casters and you can then turn the lift sideways (if you have enough garage width) and gain space for your daily driver.
NSX ZX stacked side flash.JPG

Hope it works for you. I will let some math major/engineer answer that for you. I don't have any experiences with lifts but am considering a Bendpak type myself. Do you have any concerns of the NSX scraping on the ramps (assuming it is lowered?) -- would your OEM ramps work or would you need to make your own if that is the case? I don't know the angles on that so it would be something else to consider as well.

Ramps are 4.5" tall. Front lip of my NSX is 5.5" high. I do not think the ramps will be an issue. My car is sitting slightly lower than stock on Bilsteins (maybe 1").
My NSX is also on the lower perch with Bilsteins, and my GT is lowered. In order to get both on and off, without a problem, I put "RaceRamps" under the leading lip of the stock ramps (they're heavy, I'm still able to use them, but you might want to consider buying the extra cost, lightweight ramps). It works well!!!

My NSX is also on the lower perch with Bilsteins, and my GT is lowered. In order to get both on and off, without a problem, I put "RaceRamps" under the leading lip of the stock ramps (they're heavy, I'm still able to use them, but you might want to consider buying the extra cost, lightweight ramps). It works well!!!

Is there much lifting required? How heavy are the ramps? Have a bad back so need to be careful.

From your measurements it should work but will require some fine tuning on the part of the installer. The lock in heights can be adjusted by a threaded rod at the top of each post. If the installer sets the manual lock at 48" you should be fine. What are the increments of locking on the lift you are looking at? 6", 8", 10" ?

According to the Bendpak website they are every 4 inches. If I could set the lower clearance at 48" min-52" max, I think it might work. That way I could put either car on the ground.

Is there much lifting required? How heavy are the ramps? Have a bad back so need to be careful.

The ramps are a bitch, I'm pretty sure that their weight is on the website (BendPak), but if I had to guess, I'd say they weigh around 40lbs. They're not light!!!

You should have no problem with another NSX. I currently have a two post lift in my garage with similar ceiling height and am able to park my CRX under it. Post some pictures when you get it.

let me know once everything is installed and up and running. I'll be over the first sunday of every month to clean my undercarriage :)

For your wife's sake, I hope you clean your undercarriage more often then once per month.

i did set myself up for that one.... Feeling the Bern!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

next burn from Kev... I can prescribe you penecillin for that

contact aclifts, they have several lifts including the phantom lift that goes underground , was not able to do that here in long island due to the flood tables, also they have a double wide lift that holds 9000 lbs, if you have two car garage you can put up side by side (little bit of hassle to remove both cars underneath to take one down…also avoids more than four posts in the perimeter … they would also be able to custom make the lift with different distances between locks for you…super nice people ...

Attachments

• IMG_3026[1].jpg
    IMG_3026[1].jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3027[1].jpg
    IMG_3027[1].jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 49
I have bendpak lifts for years..if you go to their website you should be able to find your answer..I had to raise my rails to give ample ceiling clearance BUT....I currently stack an R8 over an I8..and have plenty of clearance..
You will need approx. 1 foot in addition to the car heights combined...This allows 6" for the ramp that accommodates car 2 plus 6" to clear the locks..I believe you will have plenty of room ...
Bendpak can be very helpful...I have stacked many cars taller than 2 nsx and with the rails raised I never have had a problem..

- - - Updated - - -

I have bendpak lifts for years..if you go to their website you should be able to find your answer..I had to raise my rails to give ample ceiling clearance BUT....I currently stack an R8 over an I8..and have plenty of clearance..
You will need approx. 1 foot in addition to the car heights combined...This allows 6" for the ramp that accommodates car 2 plus 6" to clear the locks..I believe you will have plenty of room ...
Bendpak can be very helpful...I have stacked many cars taller than 2 nsx and with the rails raised I never have had a problem..

---------------

As you can see..thses are both taller than the nsx in question...

Attachments

• 20150315_165126.jpg
    20150315_165126.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 104
Back