• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SRS light won't go off and horn doesn't work

changed my steering wheel to a 2003 unit and airbag and now the srs light won't go off. i removed the wheel and double checked all connections and they're tight.
local acura says it can't be reset with the computer and that the cable behind the airbag must have stretched.

they want $725 to fix it.

i don't think so. anyone have any ideas?

thanks for any advice.

thanks,
rog

1) Did you changed the wheel and air bag, or just the wheel and used the old air bag?

2) What year is your car?

3) Was the SRS lamp on before you made the swap?

thanks for the responses.

1. my nsx is a 1994

2. i changed the wheel and airbag

3. the dealer said it was the "cable reel" that was stretched

4. the SRS light wasn't on until i changed the wheel

5. i'm going to check the cruise in about 10 minutes and i'll post a reply

thanks for all the assistance.

rog

Just FYI my cars SRS light is on and cruise control wont turn on. Horn works though. I ordered a new cable/reel from Acura Of Augusta (great vendor + best prices IMHO). Waiting for the install & results. $725 sounds steep.

Last edited:
i think everyone hit this one on the head.

all the above that i listed wrong plus i just checked the cruise and it doesn't work.
i think i'll contact acura in augusta and get the part.
bummer.

thanks to all,
rog

Hi Everyone.. long time lurker here. I'm having the same problem with my '99. Was changing to a Momo steering and now the SRS light constantly stays on. Out of frustration, I reverted back to my stock steering wheel, reconnected my airbags and not only does this SRS still stay on, the cruise control is non functioning as well.

I found this thread and called my local Aucra dealer looking for this cable reel; They qouted $381.00 for part number 777900 SLOA81. Is this the part that I am looking for?

Thanks first.

Is this the cable reel in question? (white spindle with two yellow connectors) ?

dsc01974l.jpg

thanks to synth19 for this pic.

Just FYI my cars SRS light is on and cruise control wont turn on. Horn works though. I ordered a new cable/reel from Acura Of Augusta (great vendor + best prices IMHO). Waiting for the install & results. $725 sounds steep.

i think everyone hit this one on the head.

all the above that i listed wrong plus i just checked the cruise and it doesn't work.
i think i'll contact acura in augusta and get the part.
bummer.

thanks to all,
rog

Can someone confirm the part number for me and let know if I need any additional parts? Thanks.

The part number is;

REEL ASSY., CABLE 77900-SL0-A81

However Honda/Acura sometimes superceed the number so your best checking with your dealer.

Number 1 in the parts pic:

13SL00_006_5.png

Back