• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SRS Light On? No results on search.

So I'm was really suprised to not find any results searching for SRS light in the owner discussion or do it yourself (that probably concerns me more than the light).

So my SRS light went on today. No idea why. I shut the car off and left it for a few minutes when I got home. Started it again. Same thing. Loose wire? I banged the steering wheel a couple times, no luck. Thoughts?

I didn't try the cruise control but horn definitely works as I did try that. I'm baffled (its not the first time...).

If the cruise and horn buttons are not working, than most likely it'll be your SRS cable reel.

Have you checked the SRS fuse itself? (Drive side kick panel).

So I checked for the SRS fuse. I wasn't able to find one. I checked the driver kick panel, the front compartment panel and the engine compartment panel. If its there I either missed it or it's labled differently.

So what is this cable reel thing? Costly?

I'm going to search on that now...

Thanks for the PM Mike but the search continues.............

The A/C drains nicely and the carpets are all dry. I checked the fuse and found that it was blown. Replaced it and it blew again.

What next?

Now you're in the electronics territory. A bit out of my league. Brian K is the expert on the CCU, maybe he knows about those. Look him up and maybe PM him. I don't know enough people on this forum to suggest anyone else. Sounds like a short or a bad relay or something.

Good luck. Let us know what you find.

Back